Sign in to follow this  

Am I that out of line... ?

Yesterday i went to show my bike and the guy that came out kind of pissed me off.

Telling me about how outragiously overpriced the bike i was selling was. "It isnt even that good of shape" he said :thumbsup::busted:

Im asking $1350 in my paper and my bike is tight. Everything checks out, fresh topend rebuild, suspension rebuilds, and it is in over all good shape.

That guy pissed me off, i dont know why, but the way he came across i wouldnt have sold him my bike for $1800 let alone $1000 (what he said it is worth):thumbsup:

What would you give for it?

-2003 YZ250 Front Forks

-MCR Revalve on Front Forks

-Air Cell Subtanks

-Rear Suspension redone by Pro-Action

-Long Rod Kit

-Motor lift kit, spacer kit

-Procircuit Works SuperCross pipe and silencer

-Applied Blue Adonized Upper-Triple Clamps

-Protaper Handle Bars

-Boysen Reeds

-CR reroute Brake Kit

-Wiseco piston kit

-IMS footpegs

-New Milleville Front Tire

DSC01557.JPG

DSC01558.JPG

Yesterday i went to show my bike and the guy that came out kind of pissed me off.

Telling me about how outragiously overpriced the bike i was selling was. "It isnt even that good of shape" he said :thumbsup::busted:

Im asking $1350 in my paper and my bike is tight. Everything checks out, fresh topend rebuild, suspension rebuilds, and it is in over all good shape.

That guy pissed me off, i dont know why, but the way he came across i wouldnt have sold him my bike for $1800 let alone $1000 (what he said it is worth):thumbsup:

What would you give for it?

DSC01557.JPG

DSC01558.JPG

What year is it.......250 2 smoke should get about 2500.00 around here.....Moose.

Instead of him saying...can you go down a little on the price...he would rather say that bikes crap i wouldnt give you 2 bucks for that peice of garbage...and try to make you believe him

Instead of him saying...can you go down a little on the price...he would rather say that bikes crap i wouldnt give you 2 bucks for that peice of garbage...and try to make you believe him

that is exactly what im saying...

it isnt like he was just asking... it was like he was trying to prove a point that it was shit and he was doing me a favor for buying it.

The thing started first *******ed kick when he got on it... i mean

What year is it.......250 2 smoke should get about 2500.00 around here.....Moose.

it isnt worth near that... it is a 1996.

Still... it is worth more than a $1000 trading it in at the dealer.

that is exactly what im saying...

it isnt like he was just asking... it was like he was trying to prove a point that it was shit and he was doing me a favor for buying it.

The thing started first *******ed kick when he got on it... i mean

I would have told him to pack sand. If he wants a cheap bike, go find one. There's tons of cheapazz folk in MX - I ain't one of 'em.

I would have told him to pack sand. If he wants a cheap bike, go find one. There's tons of cheapazz folk in MX - I ain't one of 'em.

you cant find a bike that clean for a grand, and i told that to him.

That is when he started spitting about how it looks kinda beat...

That's when you smile, tell him to have a nice day and bye bye.

I think you'll find a buyer at your price. The bike looks pretty good.

you cant find a bike that clean for a grand, and i told that to him.

Oh... they'll whine and cry about your bike being worth only what they have the money to pay. Then, they'll try to trade you $400 and their grandpas Farmboss 650 quad.

It would have ended real quick for me - i'd a clowed the idiot and told him to never set foot on my side of town again - or else.

Well, I can tell you if you're bike was in Canada, you'd get alot more than $1350 US. In my town (Medicine Hat, AB) you've have no problems at all selling that bike for $1800 US. For example, two weeks ago I sold my 1985 KDX200 (no upgrades whatsoever, and in need of fork seals) for $1100 CAD (roughly 1 grand US) at my garage sale, lol.

Bikes don't even command a premium here in Medicine Hat either - go out to a place like Cranbrook, BC, and you can really almost ask whatever you want. You'd get $2500 for that bike there no problem - all depends on the amount of bikes for sale where you live I guess...

The bike is worth what you are asking. I've been through the same experience where an arrogant person came up and spewed a bunch of mindless techno junk trying to make me believe that impending problems were just around the corner with the bike. I politely told him sorry that he spent the time to come over and look at the bike but that what he was offering was not acceptable. The same guy called me the following day and I reduced it by $200 and he came and picked it up with no questions. Stick to your guns, you know what the bike is worth.

I think your almost giving it away as it is if your only asking 1350....if it was mine I would want a lot more than that for it.

I think your almost giving it away as it is if your only asking 1350....if it was mine I would want a lot more than that for it.

ya if it was mine i would ask alot more for it. i sold ttr125le 04' for 1650. one of the people that came to look at gave me crap to. he was like well the valves are off. the jetting is right and so much more crap and i just wanted to tell him to leave cause he was asked if 1000 would be ok. and i knew none of this was true about the bike cause i took it to my dealer and i have never ever ever had problems with them working on my bike. and i ask them to check all the motor and any other spots they needed to. so i know the motor was in good shape

I'd tell the guy to get bent, no politeness about it, that bike should be worth $1500 or so I'd say.

DSC01557.JPG

The sad thing was that he didn't mind insulting you. Some people just lack the couth to negotiate rationally. :bonk:

Nice bike (it just needs white or blue fork guards with some stickers/graphics. :cheers: ) The market is kind of slow right now, but you should still expect your bottom line to be $1200.00. It's a '96 (11 years old!) but they were good bikes and your's has all the right upgrades. :thumbsup:

Here's my '96 250.

yz2505.jpg

Well, I can tell you if you're bike was in Canada, you'd get alot more than $1350 US. In my town (Medicine Hat, AB) you've have no problems at all selling that bike for $1800 US. ..

Wow ... two people on TT from Medicine Hat. :thumbsup:

Getting back to the bike ... the price doesn't always need to come down ... it can go up in special cases.

1996 yz 250 2 stroke.....all the goodies...fresh top end..upgraded forks, new front tire...1350.00 sounds fair...I dont play that game very well...I would have rode it, and if I liked it I would have given you 1350.00..thats how I roll. Its worth it...dont go under 1200.00....and dont get offended by ********, there everywhere.

as the old saying goes, "It's not personal, it's just business".. don't worry about what a buyer say's, know what you want and stick to it... just tell him no thanks and move on...