Sign in to follow this  

detonation(ping) at low end

I broke my bike in on race fuel. When I went to regular it pinged on the bottom end terribly. I went to 91 octane and it helped some but still does it quite badly. I am still running stock jetting but am planning on changin it. Has any body else experienced this and what di they chang?

Thanks

P.S. the bike runs perfectly other than the noise.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I broke my bike in on race fuel. When I went to regular it pinged on the bottom end terribly. I went to 91 octane and it helped some but still does it quite badly. I am still running stock jetting but am planning on changin it. Has any body else experienced this and what di they chang?

Thanks

P.S. the bike runs perfectly other than the noise.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They reccomend a minimum 91 RON, so dont put regular in it again Its supposed to be 91 RON but sometimes it falls short, also try a different fuel from a different refiner, sometimes that can help

Are you still on stock jetting? Are you running 91 and does yours ping at all?

Thanks

I have been running fuel Torco acelerator in mine I live in the bush in Northern Manitoba all we get is 89

Are you still on stock jetting? Are you running 91 and does yours ping at all?

Thanks

Stock jetting, 91 or 94 octane, no ping

I head one ping yesterday when i was stopped at a stop sign, clutch in, and I cracked the throttle half way open to rev up fast, probably to make some hot chick look over at me lol anyway I couldnt reproduce it, I find the fuel quality from one brand to another is different., my bike runs best on the highest octane I can find (94) on the street pumps, you could always try adding a little octane bosster to a tank see if it helps, see if it is the gas or not, becareful though and read the label first