Sign in to follow this  

07' WR250 Fork Height

What fork height is everybody running on their 07' WR250? Just picked mine up yesterday and doing all the free mods, sag, etc. and wanted to get some opinions on the fork height.

Thanks, TR

What fork height is everybody running on their 07' WR250? Just picked mine up yesterday and doing all the free mods, sag, etc. and wanted to get some opinions on the fork height.

Thanks, TR

Not sure what mine is set at now but i hardly ever bottomed out the forks on mine but since have has my forks serviced and seals changed.

Went for a ride 2 days ago and nearly necked myself on the first couple of erosion mounds.

Ended up having to go in 8 clicks on the compresion to try to help it a bit.

I run mine at stock height.

What are you trying to tune in your suspension to do differently than it's doing now?

Well, I think I was too quick to ask. I was thinking about turning responsiveness. I am coming off an RMZ and it turned very well but i just got off my WR, which i just rode for the first time, and it turns great! I have the fork height at stock level and won't change it.

This is a very easy bike to ride. I did the gray wire, throttle stop and unplug the exhaust some, I just punched out the center of the stinger. I ordered the AIS kit and will do that next week. I have a CRF250, an EXC400, a RMZ250 and now this WR and it is as easy, to ride as the EXC but lighter and really more confidence inspiring in fact it is easier to ride than the KTM, really glad I got it.

So long to the 400 and RMZ, now I have a track bike(CRF) and this and I am good to go. This thing is really fun to ride.

Thanks for the help, TR

Not sure what mine is set at now but i hardly ever bottomed out the forks on mine but since have has my forks serviced and seals changed. .

Fork height won't have anything to do with bottoming. It has to do with handling. If you raise the forks in the tripple tree, it effectively lowers the front frame and makes the bike turn more sharply. Lowering the forks in the tree gives you better high speed stability.

At least that's my understanding.

I have my '05 at pretty much stock, which I think is 9-10mm (not sure on that as I don't have the bike or a manual handy). I think it turns well and I'm very happy with the high speed in whoops etc. :thumbsup: Friend of mine has his set pretty high on his YZ125 and it does seem to turn more sharply, but his high speed is a bit dodgy to me (of course can't compare YZ125 to WR250F directly, plus I have a steering stabilizer), but I'm happy at stock height.

Not sure what mine is set at now but i hardly ever bottomed out the forks on mine but since have has my forks serviced and seals changed.

Went for a ride 2 days ago and nearly necked myself on the first couple of erosion mounds.

Ended up having to go in 8 clicks on the compresion to try to help it a bit.

It's possible that whoever serviced your forks adjusted your hi-speed compression. Check and make sure all of your settings are back to specs per the manual before you start adjusting things especially 8 clicks :thumbsup: