MOTOLED "edge" problem?

Just got my LED taillight today and some LED flashers. They are MOTOLED edge tail light & 4 MOTOLED 602 LED flashers. Started with the taillight, that works fine. Then put on the back flashers, yeh they work. Flash a bit fast though. Started doing the front ones? strange. Made all the flashers turn on and glow a real dull orange. Did not flash though. What should i do?

double check your wires.flashing fast is normal although there is a fix for it that can be found using the search function

So if i got MOTOLED resistor wire and put them on the front flashers? one each side. Would that help the problem? dont mind if it were flashing a bit fast though. Just want them to all work.

they should blink without having to purchase and install any resistor.they will just blink fast....if they are not blinking you must have crossed a wire

no, wires are all good

sorry, i only did the back blinkers on my bike.i am not sure why the fronts wont work for you.mabey someone else can speak up here.

Need a load independant flasher unit or (and I hate these) a resistor or a incandesant bulb hidin in the circuit.

Yup.I couldn't agree more.The load resistors work well but are a PITA to wire up.They kinda defeat the purpose of going to l.e.d. lighting in the first place.The no load relays on the market help make for a cleaner,less complicated installation of the led signals.

I bought the 12v 2 prong electronic flasher and hooked it up to the orange and blue wires in the relay switch behind the headlight. No go, nothing just a dull glow again. I tried something though?

Decided to wire up the original flasher(21w) to the front again, but kept the front LED flashers wired up 2. They work then. Blink fast, but least they work. Should i try another 2 prong electronic flasher unit? the one i bought was heaps cheap.

I prefer the three wire ones, more reliable flashing solution. You must make sure it is load independant and does not have a 'bulb out' feature.

I have ordered a NARVA flasher today, (68246BL)

12 Volt 3 Pin L.E.D Flasher

Suitable for truck and trailer applications fitted specifically

with Narva L.E.D Rear Direction Indicator Lamps.

Load sensitive type with globe outage indication.

Maximum load: 2 x 21 watt globes and 2 x 9 watt

L.E.D lamps.

Will wire this in tomorrow when i pick it up. Hope it works. How do i go about wireing it into the orange and blue wires (orange-X & Blue-L) what about the other pin?

That will not work right, it is a load sensitive one. You need a flasher that is load independant, no 'bulb out' feature.

I have ordered a NARVA flasher today, (68246BL)

12 Volt 3 Pin L.E.D Flasher

Suitable for truck and trailer applications fitted specifically

with Narva L.E.D Rear Direction Indicator Lamps.

Load sensitive type with globe outage indication.

Maximum load: 2 x 21 watt globes and 2 x 9 watt

L.E.D lamps.

Will wire this in tomorrow when i pick it up. Hope it works. How do i go about wireing it into the orange and blue wires (orange-X & Blue-L) what about the other pin?

See....

From this link:

http://www.narva.com.au/Switches_38.html

68245BL Blister Pack

12 Volt 3 Pin Electronic L.E.D Flasher

Suitable for L.E.D indicator lamps. Operates at ultra low current of 1mA (0.02 watts) or higher currents to a maximum of 2.5 amps per side (30 watts) where a mix of L.E.D and incandescent globes might be used.

would the 2 pin version 68249BL be ok? The 3 pin one better set up?

I prefer the three pin ones, in my mind, it provides for a more stable design.

thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

The 12V 2 pin 68249BL is what I use and I have had very good success with it and it will also work.