the tame and untameable

last 2 projects modded ttr and vintage 82 cr 480 total restoration { almost complete}..........both projects have been fun..........on 2 machines as different as night and day.. at 208 lbs and 60+ hp ..............ride me if you can.....at 185 lbs and 8 hp ......... ride me i know you can.........,lol...........what they have in common is that they are both the best bikes made for their vintage and purpose......and is why i took and interest in both..........for those who think ..that the ttr is boring and lacks power..for tight woods riding, its the most fun bike i own, and the most ridden....the vinage cr could still rule the roost on most tracks even today...it was way ahead of its time.........but in the woods my ttr still owns that real estate

........CIMG2762.jpg ttr .......CIMG2520.jpg

Very nice. R you looking into a 150 bbk for your ttr???

yea,,,,,,by the end of summer......been working on this other project...have a lightened flywheel for it but havent had time ti put it on....

Great looking bikes.

Does that cr480 have a front brake?

Haha it sounds stupid but it doesn't really look like it.

its an 1982 vintage restoration ...has drum brakes front and back...... not as good as disc ....but better than most drum brakes ever made ....stops good .....honda didnt put the disc on till 84......could have changed the forks and went with a disc but wanted to keep it stock.

oh.....the pic was taken during the restore if you look good it doesnt have the cylinder on yet either at the time......was waiting on front brake shoes and bore job when i took the pic and just put the wheel on for the pic....lol....it does have one now..can you imagine riding this thing without a front brake???2 strokes dont have the engine braking that 4 strokes do either...im not that brave.