Sign in to follow this  

Side number plates...

My side number plate graphics are taking a jolly thrashing and I'm sure it's from my boots and standing. Is that to be expected? I'll gladly suffer trashing them so long as it's to be expected of the form.

mine are like that too right down by the bottom area where they mount to the subframe.

yeah way normal

i've all ready had two sets of numbers on my 07s that i bought in FEB.

once they start to rub off almost to the first number i put new ones on

If you look closely at most of the pros bikes, they have that clear grip stuff on their tank, parts of their frames, and the front portion of the number plates.

If you look closely at most of the pros bikes, they have that clear grip stuff on their tank, parts of their frames, and the front portion of the number plates.

Most likely Stomp Grip - good stuf.

Once the peeling of the graphics starts, you can extend the life a little by cutting them back with a razor blade right behind where they are starting to peel. This not only gives you a nice clean edge again, it buys you a little more time before they need to be replaced and makes them look nicer than that mess that peeling creates.

is it normal that i dnt get that...i get it on the air box decals and a little on the tank shrouds (kicking out legging in rutted turns)...but not on the side numberplates

IMG_1267.jpg

Ok... help me out here... where in tarnation are you going to land in this one??? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

See the dirt hill right on the tree line... I land on the down side of that.

is it normal that i dnt get that...i get it on the air box decals and a little on the tank shrouds (kicking out legging in rutted turns)...but not on the side numberplates

Its normal if you don't use your foot on it to maneuver the bike in the air. I can't think of any other time your boot would contact it.

See the dirt hill right on the tree line... I land on the down side of that.

So you're further back in the pic, not overshooting (way overshooting) that ramp in the foreground.

That is a Huge jump. Scares me a bit just looking at the picture...

So you're further back in the pic, not overshooting (way overshooting) that ramp in the foreground.

That would really hurt if I was trying to land on the one in the foreground! Thats actually a take off to downhill jump.

That would really hurt if I was trying to land on the one in the foreground! Thats actually a take off to downhill jump.

So how fork'n long is that jump you're doing??? :thumbsup: You're damn near 20' in the air (relative to the flat area).