Sign in to follow this  

How are they holding up?????

Hey, I am a local pro....take good care of my bikes, but am hard on them when I ride.

I almost got an 07....but read all the problems with the 06's

I have posted this before......but did not hear much

any word?

aint for sure about your question but,ive not had 1 problem with my 06,still running stock piston with no issue(replacing this winter).but as with all 4 strokes no bikes last without normal maintanence.i think the kawasaki is just as reliable as any other bike.if you look through other bikes forums enough you will see that some people have problems with other makes also.the 2008 kx450 should be sweet with it being the 3rd year of testing and looks awesome with the black fork stanchions and black rims.:thumbsup:

aint for sure about your question but,ive not had 1 problem with my 06,still running stock piston with no issue(replacing this winter).but as with all 4 strokes no bikes last without normal maintanence.i think the kawasaki is just as reliable as any other bike.if you look through other bikes forums enough you will see that some people have problems with other makes also.the 2008 kx450 should be sweet with it being the 3rd year of testing and looks awesome with the black fork stanchions and black rims.:thumbsup:

I am very impressed with my 07, but i only have about 6-7 hours on it. Would you mind saying what you heard about the 06's. I havnt heard to many negatives about them, but they do have a few quirks. Everybody i have talked to that own one woudlnt trade it for anything.

my 07 has 20 - 30 hrs on it, its best bike ive ever ridden, 0 problems.

over 150 hrs on bike just checked valves perfevtly in spec have replaced piston but thats normal, you wont get valve life like that out of hondas

I only have 20 hours on my 06 but so far not one problem. Once i got the suspension set up it's been the best bike i've ridden.

ive heard alot of issues also but am happy with mine except the chain guide wearing out so quick.ive only got almost 30 hrs. on mine from racing and practice.

Hey, I am a local pro....take good care of my bikes, but am hard on them when I ride.

I almost got an 07....but read all the problems with the 06's

I have posted this before......but did not hear much

any word?

Hey man, i think i'm in the same boat as you except i'm currently on a 250F. Howcome you are looking to switch from Yamaha? Are you not happy with the bike? Reason i ask is that i'm going to be considering the yami for 08 as well as the kawi.

I have an 06 kx450f and I couldn't be happier, unless someone dropped and 08 on me :]

But seriously, I'd like to think I'm pretty quick and hard on my bikes but I have had 0 issues on my bike. I blew out a fork seal right off the bat but that's what happens when you over jump and hit flat bottom from 30+. That was pretty rough. But other than fork seals, everything else has been great. Valves are good, tranny works great. Just looking for a piston for the near future but that's it.

Go green.

It's faster.

rock on.

I have an 06 and ride twice a week pretty hard in the heat of AZ. Valves haven't buged!!!Not one problem best bike ever!!!

My 07 has exactly 40 hours on it, 4 hard moto's a weekend (Vet-Pro/250 Pro) and practice 2-3 times a week.

The only 2 compaints I have is the lower chain guide wore out at about 15 hours, have since purchased and aftermarket one. The other is the stock seats, they fall apart (get soft) way too fast. So aftermarket is the way to go.

Otherwise, I am working on my 2nd Vet Pro State championship since switching to the Kawi 450! With zero DNF's or issues...(knock on wood) :thumbsup:

My 07 has exactly 40 hours on it, 4 hard moto's a weekend (Vet-Pro/250 Pro) and practice 2-3 times a week.

The only 2 compaints I have is the lower chain guide wore out at about 15 hours, have since purchased and aftermarket one. The other is the stock seats, they fall apart (get soft) way too fast. So aftermarket is the way to go.

Otherwise, I am working on my 2nd Vet Pro State championship since switching to the Kawi 450! With zero DNF's or issues...(knock on wood) :thumbsup:

Congrats on your racing. Come down to CO and I will try to give you a run...I race the same classes.

When I raced nationals in 97-98 I went through 5-6 bikes a year and swore to never ride green again.......untill I rode a kxf 450!

I guess I am just worried about the motor and the forks

Hey man, i think i'm in the same boat as you except i'm currently on a 250F. Howcome you are looking to switch from Yamaha? Are you not happy with the bike? Reason i ask is that i'm going to be considering the yami for 08 as well as the kawi.

I like my yami.....but It just does not have a solid power output for me. I have to ride it like a 250f. I love the handling.....but the turning and other issues have me feeling mixed up on the bike at times I have several top 3 Vpro on it and top 5 pro finishes.....I just feel I have to work too hard on the bike to get it on pace at times

The 06 kxf's that had issues were just normal first year production flukes. I havent heard about and problems with the 07, and if you were to go 08 they would probably be even more developed. The newest kawi's are solid bikes and they offer big power out of the box. Go for the kxf.

I like my yami.....but It just does not have a solid power output for me. I have to ride it like a 250f. I love the handling.....but the turning and other issues have me feeling mixed up on the bike at times I have several top 3 Vpro on it and top 5 pro finishes.....I just feel I have to work too hard on the bike to get it on pace at times

Hmm, have you had a chance to ride and compare the kawi with your yami? I have not ridden a new YZ450 yet but i tested the 07 kawi today, i was impressed. Compared to my 06 YZ250F, it didn't quite want to lay over in corners as easy BUT it felt much more planted on the ground and very predictable in the corners, the bike just inspired so much confidence that i am definitel thinking of going with the 08 kawi, on only the second lap i was doing the biggest double on the track and it wasn't even my bike, i just felt so confident on it. I was very impressed. Dont you have the 07 Yami? I thought yamaha sorted out any cornering issues it had in 06 with the changes made to the 07. What exactly are the cornering issues you speak of?

Congrats on your racing. Come down to CO and I will try to give you a run...I race the same classes.

When I raced nationals in 97-98 I went through 5-6 bikes a year and swore to never ride green again.......untill I rode a kxf 450!

I guess I am just worried about the motor and the forks

Thanks... Our season is over next weekend, so I will looking for other races late this summer into fall. I will at the Lakewood national for viewing pleasures.

Believe it or not, I have done zero motor work and zero suspension work (except oil changes) on my bike. I added a pipe with 91 octane gas. The bike is that good!

After the season is over, I will be freshing it up with MB1 suspension and some tinkering on the motor....

After the season is over, I will be freshing it up with MB1 suspension and some tinkering on the motor....

But remember -

Believe it or not, I have done zero motor work and zero suspension work (except oil changes) on my bike. I added a pipe with 91 octane gas. The bike is that good!

Don't fix what ain't broke! :thumbsup:

I sure would hate to see you posting about how your bike isn't as good as she used to be. :busted:

:thumbsup:

But remember -

Don't fix what ain't broke! :thumbsup:

I sure would hate to see you posting about how your bike isn't as good as she used to be. :cheers:

:busted:

I agree with that! Just polishing the exhaust and intake ports and a new piston and rings. Nothing extreme by any means! :thumbsup:

I agree with that! Just polishing the exhaust and intake ports and a new piston and rings. Nothing extreme by any means! :thumbsup:

I popped the carb off when I got mine and looked into the intakes -

KXFintake2.jpg

Gotta love hand polished ports from the factory! :thumbsup:

Here's the Kermitmobile -

KX450LS.jpg

:busted: