Which head and base gasket?

I have the Luke's Racing 450cc kit that uses a sleeved OEM jug. I am getting trace amouts of oil in my coolant. I suppose this means I need to change the head gasket. What head gasket do I use? Will the RMZ450 head gasket work? What about the base gasket? Does it use a stock base gasket, or do I need a different base gasket for the larger sleeve? Bike still runs strong, starts easily, idles fine.

Stock base gasket, Cometic makes the head gasket.

I see a bunch of gaskets, but none say DRZ400 with 450cc bore kit. Will the RMZ450 head gasket work?

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Oem base gasket works just fine on the 440 kit, I would imagine its the same for the 450. The water jackets do not penetrate the basegasket, there is just one port at the bottom that is the same size at the stocker. The basegasket does not come in contact with the sleeve. Get a base gasket from a 400 e model for the compression you ordered. Getting an S model gasket will drop the compression approx 1 point. 13:1 -> 12:1

I see a bunch of gaskets, but none say DRZ400 with 450cc bore kit. Will the RMZ450 head gasket work?

RM will not work.

What bore is your DRZ in mm ???, that is the way the cometic gaskets are sold.

Neil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

I reached Luke's and he, too, confirmed the RMZ head gasket won't work. The piston is a JE 95.5mm. I ordered the head gasket and new rings. I should be ok with that. I already have the E base gasket. Thanks for the help.