DR650 lighting, front number plate

I am having my 97 DR650's stator rebuilt to 400 watts (twice stock) to add twin HID lights for deer-spotting. I'd also like to amp up my headlight once I've got the extra juice.

Is there an aftermarket front number plate/headlight assembly (Acerbis, etc.) that mounts on this bike fairly easily?

Thanks!

There's a complete thread on putting a buell lightning headlight on the DR. My garage has pics of that. I've also seen a UFO, not sure how hard that is to mount. I don't believe there is anything that is plug and play. Not sure on plate # rigs

How/who is getting you up to 400W?

Electrosport industries, www.electrosport.com. 1-760-842-8300, ask for Marcus.

Ooooohh, they do Acewell speedos as well :thumbsup:

Hey Marooned!!! Where are you having your stator rebuilt/rewound and how much is the cost?

Electrosport, see contact info above. $200ish. 400 watts. Woo-hoo! I'll prolly Buell the headlights as well as add the 2 HID's.

I am having my 97 DR650's stator rebuilt to 400 watts (twice stock) to add twin HID lights for deer-spotting. I'd also like to amp up my headlight once I've got the extra juice.

Is there an aftermarket front number plate/headlight assembly (Acerbis, etc.) that mounts on this bike fairly easily?

Thanks!

Wow! They should post that on their site. I added them to the DR650 Accesories post some time back. When I called them they said nothing about a 400w stator unit being available... just this one:

http://www.electrosport.com/shopping_stators/prod_esg430.html

Maybe a new item from so many requests? :thumbsup:

Didja ask for Marcus? He's the one beefing up my stator. I haven't dealt with anyone else there. Let me know what you find out - Lisa :thumbsup: