2005 kawasaki kdx 220R mods

hi everyone i have the 2005 kawasaki kdx220R.it is in showroom condition and has not many scratches on it. It has been taken care of like a baby lol:applause: but anyways when i first got it i dynoed it stock.to the rear wheel i got 37 hp.according to the japanese engineers in japan from the kawasaki plant they said the motor its self is 65 hp.i said how can that loose to much power from the rear tyre they said look, most bikes make that much but not as much as the 220(200,250,300 enduro competition race bikes).so they told me the percentage of power it looses and also because the rear end of the bike stresses more wieght to decrease the power and torque to the enginefrom the rear wheel.so now i learned a thing or 2.also they said its not really 70 on the manual but they rounded it to 70 from 65 on the specs for the owners manual and changed it later on by to inputting the power or torque as a factory error really the engine has 37hp they said it was a factory eeror thats why in the owners manual they put *specs subject to change in the future.so now i have my facts straight.it really makes 37 period well to the crank to the rear about 30 - 32.now i have bought mods for the bike and here is a list of things i have done to it so far.

- stage 4 boyesen rad valve kit

- k&n air filter kit

- fmf gnarly desert exhaust pipe (gold series)

- fmf powercore 2

- modified air box (protection of less mud going threw and more air flow)

- rejeted carb

note *: please guys :lol: :lol: i need to know how much horsepower and torque you think these 6 mods gave me in addition to adding them on the bike already. i felt with these mods more power at the bottom - top.but over all i can feel it in the middle giving me both.in my opinion altogether i think these mods overal gave me a horsepower gain of 3-4 on top and 2-3 lb-ft torque on top can you give me a answer if you think i gained more than what i thought or less than what i thought thanks guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted::cheers:.now hers the thing i want more power and torque so here are the three things i am listing that gave more interest to me than any other add on part for the kdx that i thought would add the most power on top for all situations bottom end - top end performance.

-#1 frp (freddette racing products) torque ring

The FRP Torque Ring installs quickly and easily between the cylinder and pipe for improved bottom-end performance.

note *: is that true what the aftermarket part guarentes about these specs is it true that it would add more power on the bottom but also on mid - top can you please tell me the horspower and torque that will add overall thanks.i think it would add 0.5 hp and 0.4 lb-ft

- #2 - MOOSE TORQUE SPACER KITS

Simple but effective way to shift the torque curve to favor the low to mid-range band of the rev range

note *: is this true what the aftermarket part guarentes about these specs is it true that it would add more power on the botom to the mid reange band of the rev range an somewhat ovbiously on the top.can you please tell me the horsepower and torque that wil ad on top overall to this bike thanks guys :bonk::lol: :lol: .I think it will add 1 hp and 0.5 lb-ft torque

- finally #3 my favorite as my belief of what this says even on the dyno charts "wow probably the best add on part produced for the most power and torque". SCARYFAST POWERNOW SYSTEM

The POWERNOW SYSTEM™ includes (1) POWERNOW™ and (1) POWERNOW PLUS™. With the original POWERNOW™, only 1/2 of the problem was fixed, and now the introduction of the POWERNOW PLUS™, the whole problem is fixed.

With the POWERNOW SYSTEM™ expect your bike to pull longer and harder through every gear from the low end to the top end !!

POWERNOW SYSTEM™ is available for most late model applications. Check the POWERNOW™ and POWERNOW PLUS™ charts for your application.

To order, please choose the POWERNOW™

note*: is this true what the aftermarket part guarentes about these specs

is it true that it would add more power on the botom to the top an .can you please tell me the horsepower and torque that wil ad on top overall to this bike thanks .cause when i saw these gains on the home site my eyes were balling of how much horsepower and torque gains there are for this high stage part.they said the full system wich is the powernow system the ultimate stage for the scaryfasracing product adds and i saw on the dyno to any bike in general 8 hp on top but at 1/2 throttle opening and 7 lb-ft torque at 1/2 throttle opening.can you please tell me if it really makes this much or less than what the manufacture guarentes of hp and torque at 1/2 throtle opening or less. and can you please if overall it makes alot of hp and torque guve me numbers here for all and ya for the powernowsystem the horsepower form the bottom to top thanks guys thanks alot .:p:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :lol: :lol: :lol::p:lol:. i think it will add 3-5 hp and 3-4 lb-ft torque

At the risk of getting on a soap box and starting a flame war, Search the forums and read for your self. Also search other forums like dirt rider. From what I read, it sounds like it kind of makes the bike feel a bit crisper. I have yet to read a review where someone has it and claims any effect even remotly close to adding a pipe. A pipe can give you a few hp at best. Infact I read about horrid jetting problems using it. Many just take it out.

Unless someone other than the manufacturer can show me a dyno or something other that text of the subjective "butt dyno", I don't buy the lofty claims they make for one second. It does something, I am sure of that, 7 hp though, I think not. Better response thus making torque lower in the rpm range where it may have been lacking before due to increased velocity, I'll buy that. 7hp increase in peak number, I am REALLY suspicious of though.

The KDX220 makes about 30hp at the rear wheel out of the box. A big carb, a pipe and a milled head will give you 5 more but open up the powerband.

How a bit of tin does more than that I'll never know. it may however have some science or technology in which I am completly ignorant of. It may divine 10hp for all I know. To me is just seems dubious is all.:thumbsup:

At the risk of getting on a soap box and starting a flame war, Search the forums and read for your self. Also search other forums like dirt rider. From what I read, it sounds like it kind of makes the bike feel a bit crisper. I have yet to read a review where someone has it and claims any effect even remotly close to adding a pipe. A pipe can give you a few hp at best. Infact I read about horrid jetting problems using it. Many just take it out.

Unless someone other than the manufacturer can show me a dyno or something other that text of the subjective "butt dyno", I don't buy the lofty claims they make for one second. It does something, I am sure of that, 7 hp though, I think not. Better response thus making torque lower in the rpm range where it may have been lacking before due to increased velocity, I'll buy that. 7hp increase in peak number, I am REALLY suspicious of though.

The KDX220 makes about 30hp at the rear wheel out of the box. A big carb, a pipe and a milled head will give you 5 more but open up the powerband.

How a bit of tin does more than that I'll never know. it may however have some science or technology in which I am completly ignorant of. It may divine 10hp for all I know. To me is just seems dubious is all.:lol:

so maybe what i have on now will increase to about maybe 5 ontop from stock and the three parts i wanna get i dont quite no what you mean about the horsepower gains and torque gains it willl add for the three i wanna get if you can please fill me in that will be great thanks man :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted::cheers::bonk: and ya the dyno is also unaccurate so ya but its almost write ya i would say 30 - 35 the most the kdx has for the rear wheel which is alot supposedly bieng one iof the fastest in its class

hi everyone i have the 2005 kawasaki kdx220R. i first got it i dynoed it stock.to the rear wheel i got 37 hp
No you didn't. Stock, the 220 makes around 26hp at the rear wheel. Uncorked and properly tuned will get you 30-31. Porting and head mods will get you another 3-4 hp in a pump-gas-tuned engine.
according to the japanese engineers in japan form the kawasaki plant they said the motor its self is 65 hp.
What, did you actually call the Kawasaki plant or something?:bonk:

At the crank in stock tune, the 220 makes approximately 30hp. Your first figure of 37 was excessive enough, but 65 hp out of a KDX220 is laughable. A 250 motocross two-stroke doesn't make 65 crankshaft hp.

i said how can that loose to much power from the rear tyre they said look most bikes make that much but not as much as the 220.
Drivetrain power losses are in the 10%-12% range for all two-stroke bikes. And there's nothing differnt about the KDX220 from any other Japanese two-sroke to make it lose any more or less power from the crank to the rear wheel.
so they told me the percentage of power it looses and also becaus ethe rear stresses more wieght to decrease the power and torque to the engine that makes that.
Huh???:thumbsup: Can you translate that? I failed my de-coding course at the NSA...
so now i learned a thing or 2.also they said its not really 65 they rounded it to 70
First it was 37, then 65, now it's 70...this tale keeps getting taller and taller.
on the specs for the owners manual and changed it later on by to inputting the power or torque.
Another translation please?:thumbsup:
so now i have my facts straight.
Wow, that's a good thing. I would hate to imagine if you were confused... :lol:
it really makes 37 period.
No, it doesn't, but I somehow think you're going to argue this point.
now i have bought mods for the bike and heres a list of thigs i have done to it so far.

- stage 4 boyesen rad valve kit

- k&n air filter kit

- fmf gnarly desert exhaust pipe (gold series)

- fmf powercore 2

- modified air box (protection of lees mud going threw and more air flow)

- rejeted carb

note *: please guys :cheers::busted: i need to know how much horsepower and torque you think these 6 mods gave me in addition to adding them on the bike already.

These mods fall into the catagory of "uncorking" the restricted factory tune of the KDX. They will bring you up to the 29-30 rwhp that I mentioned earlier, assuming you jetted it correctly. Somehow I doubt it.

By the way, there is no such thing as a stage 4 boyesen rad valve kit.

i felt with these mods more power at the bottom - top.but over all i can feel it in the middle giving me both.in my opinion altogether i think these mods overal gave me a horsepower gain of 3-4 on top and 2-3 lb-ft torque on top can you give me a answer if you think i gained more than what i thought or less than what i thought thanks
Your 3-4 hp guess is pretty close for those mods.
now hers the thing i want more power and torque so here are the three things i am listing that gave more interest to me than any other add on part for the kdx that i thought would add the most power on top for all situations bottom end - top end performance.

-#1 frp (freddette racing products) torque ring

The FRP Torque Ring installs quickly and easily between the cylinder and pipe for improved bottom-end performance.

note *: is that true what the aftermarket part guarentes about these specs is it true that it would add more power on the bottom but also on mid - top can you please tell me the horspower and torque that will add overall thanks.

The torque ring will enhance low-rpm response and torque, at very low speeds. It won't significantly increase power production.
- #2 - MOOSE TORQUE SPACER KITS

Simple but effective way to shift the torque curve to favor the low to mid-range band of the rev range

It's similar in every way to the Freddete torque ring.
note *: is this true what the aftermarket part guarentes about these specs is it true that it would add more power on the botom to the mid reange band of the rev range an somewhat ovbiously on the top.can you please tell me the horsepower and torque that wil ad on top overall to this bike
Both products will enhance the low-rpm pull and response slightly. They won't help any where else in the power curve, and will actually hurt top-end slightly.
- finally #3 my favorite as my belief of what this says even on the dyno charts "wow probably the best add on part produced for the most power and torque". SCARYFAST POWERNOW SYSTEM

The POWERNOW SYSTEM™ includes (1) POWERNOW™ and (1) POWERNOW PLUS™. With the original POWERNOW™, only 1/2 of the problem was fixed, and now the introduction of the POWERNOW PLUS™, the whole problem is fixed.

With the POWERNOW SYSTEM™ expect your bike to pull longer and harder through every gear from the low end to the top end !!

POWERNOW SYSTEM™ is available for most late model applications. Check the POWERNOW™ and POWERNOW PLUS™ charts for your application.

To order, please choose the POWERNOW™

note*: is this true what the aftermarket part guarentes about these specs

is it true that it would add more power on the botom to the top an .can you please tell me the horsepower and torque that wil ad on top overall to this bike thanks .cause when i saw these gains on the home site my eyes were balling of how much horsepower and torque gains there are for this high stage part.they said the full system wich is the powernow system the ultimate stage for the scaryfasracing product adds and i saw on the dyno to any bike in general 8 hp on top but at 1/2 throttle opening and 7 lb-ft torque at 1/2 throttle opening.can you please tell me if it really makes this much or less than what the manufacture guarentes of hp and torque at 1/2 throtle opening or less. and can you please if overall it makes alot of hp and torque guve me numbers here for all and ya for the powernowsystem the horsepower form the bottom to top

The Power Now is nothing more than a way to take your money on most bikes. It won't help the KDX220 even the tiniest bit, and will actually reduce top-end rev slightly due to the restriction of the mounting ring in the carb throat. The Power Now will only have a significant positive effect on a bike with an over-sized carb, such as late model YZ125s and KTM125SXs, and the CRF250R. The KDX220 has a 33mm carb, it's tiny in relation to the engine size. A CRF250R, for comparison, has a 40mm carb. Even the KDX200 has a 35mm carb. And I have never seen any claims by the manufacturers of the Power Now that it will add 8hp to any bike. It won't do it, and as far as I am aware, they don't claim that it will.

Yeah actually they do claim that. I suppose this is called marketing, I call it lying.

dynocharts.gif

ok all i am asking is the three parts i have listed how much horsepower will it add on top pff the kdx i was thinking about overall 4-5 hp and 5lb-ft torque remember this is the powernow system,mosse torque spacer kit and the frp torque ring

yes, that is it. 5-6 hp.

ok all i am asking is the three parts i have listed how much horsepower will it add on top pff the kdx i was thinking about overall 4-5 hp and 5lb-ft torque remember this is the powernow system,mosse torque spacer kit and the frp torque ring

Considering you have a 33MM CARB, powernow is useless and won't show up on the dyno, so we can get that out of the way. mosse torque spacer and frp toraue ring will add 0 HP to the bike. Understand what it does to the bike. It will move the power you already have to accompany a more torquey powerband. So you might get maybe 1/2 HP at most.

BTW fmf racing, please post your dyno tests here on thumpertalk.

this is the powernow system,mosse torque spacer kit and the frp torque ring

Ohh, I assumed you mean a pipe too.:thumbsup:

What you jsut outlined will do NOTHING in terms of making peak power. EastBoundAndDown is right.

If you want 5 more hp here is how you do it.

-Pipe

-36mm carb

-Mill the head and recut squich band the head

Those mods you out lined will add no peak power. All they do is change the character of the power you have however. Move it around or change the curve as it is known. I know you want to believe those mods you outlined magically make power. Sorry. Assuming you have 28hp now, put those mode you specified an and you will still have 28.

no i think you didnt read my thread i have a pie already.all i asked was what i dont have but now i do want is the powernow system.i wanted to no the hp gain on that and the frp torque ring and the moose torque spacer kit .seperatly for those three what will the hp gain be for each and then obviously combine the hp together what numbers do we get

pipe*

they have to add some type of power i know it for sure

seperatly for those three what will the hp gain be for each and then obviously combine the hp together what numbers do we get

You get exactly what you had before :thumbsup:

You sir should have opted for a KX250 instead if you're such a power junkie.

Oh wait those KX250's aren't hand built. Must be out of the question then! :thumbsup:

LOL

they have to add some type of power i know it for sure

It will not affect your peak power. At all. Infact it will hurt it.

go ahead and believe what you want. If you are so sure it adds power, why the hell are you bothering with us know nothings?

COME ON EVERYONE,

take it easy on him. seams like after hundreds of thousands of people trying to convince him that he was wrong, he has changed his ways. he was just asking what everything would do (even though like 3 people have told him like 5 times already:banghead: ).

hey, im not siding with him thats for sure, just trying to create some peace here.

fmf, go back and read everyones posts. many people have told u already what those things do.:thumbsup:

first off If you are so concerned with real HP you should be close to a dyno to do your study. If your after performance increase and usable power then I will gladly give my two bits.

There is only so much to get out of Any bike, no replacement for displacement.

Pipe,reeds, head,porting,plating, larger carb, excellent,carb work, and properly tuned or jetted for current conditions is key, along with a well tuned suspension to get max performance out of your machine.

go with what others have proven works or buy it and try it.

but you have to ride it, and it sounds like you need to ride more. I know the less I ride the more I want to tinker.

if i get these parts and than i want to get a larger carb will the powernow fit into it still and maybe gain the power even with the larger carb itself

yes, add the Power now and you will get between 8-10 hp at the wheel with the carb you have now. It is the greatest mode ever. We have all been trying to get you to NOT buy it becasue we do not want you to get our secret. the secret is it REALLY works. Just adding a piece of metal magically makes power. There is no scientific expnanation for it excapt we think it is really made from alien material.

Now that you have found this out go ahead get it and have fun! You have worn us down. The Power Now it the GREATEST mod and everybody will try and talk you out of it becasue they are jealous that you are getting one.

Now get it, put it on, have fun. Post the dyno plots and show the world just how smart you really are!

He must be out buying one since he hasn't replied. :thumbsup:

That's gonna be one fast KDX when he gets done. :thumbsup::busted::cheers: