Sign in to follow this  

Need Opinons

Right now I am a honda rider but have been looking into the yz250f more and more. I need some opionions on the overall way you feel about the bike. I don't want to switch to yamaha and be disappointed so I am just looking for opionions and why exactly you like it.

Great performance and great reliability. You can't go wrong if you buy one. You won't be disappointed.

I'd find someone with a Yamaha and try it. I, too, think you'll be impressed. If you do proper routine maintenance, they seem to be very dependable. Not sure about the Hondas......

What is it about your Honda that makes you want to consider switching?

I don't know really. I have heard a lot about the yz250f and how good they are and wanted to try one. My bike feels heavy and I don't like that really.

it wont eat its valves :thumbsup:, jk i think youll enjoy it, see if you cant ride one before you buy it.

Yamaha is at the top when it comes to valve life, and well, ITS A YAMAHA!!!

As mentioned by other posters, Yamaha valve life is a big plus.

The new YZ250F's are really flickable, and the suspension has been improved quite a bit over previous years. The '08 model increases compression from 12.5:1 to 13.5:1, but that's no big deal since many folks up their compression to that anyway.

As always, Yamaha (and every other mfr) sets their bike up to the "average" rider so they can sell the most bikes, and since pretty much no one is "average", a suspension tune and jet adjustment for a few $hundred can really make an improvement over stock for each rider. Some people like to change the exhaust, filter, work over the carb a bit, the usual stuff on any bike.

Ride a YZ if you have a chance. I think you'll like it.