Sign in to follow this  

250f power?

hey guys im not sure if this is in the right forum but w/e. Currently i have a cr80rB, overall i like the bike but it has its flaws. Since I ride trails 99% of the time its power delivery isnt all that great(i like the mid-hit but bottom end suffers). Also im currently 5'8 150lbs so ill probly outgrow the bike by the end of the summer(although i prefer a smaller bike). Would a yz250f/wr250f be suitable step-up? Or sould i go for 250 2t?

id say go for the wr250f. it will have way better bottom end then your cr80 and you're a good size for the wr. personally, i like four strokes and wouldnt bother with a 250 2 stroke especially in the woods.

go wr buddy, i did it, not regretting it one bit. Ive heard that the yz250 is excellent if you do decide to go that route.

I just recently started riding and I started on an old honda ct 70. Rode that for about an hour then went up to an old honda 100, both trail bikes. Then I decided that I wanted my own bike and went out and bought a 2006 YZ2006F and love it! I hopped on to it and started riding after only riding a bike for about 3 hours and had no problems. The WR might be best for you though since you trail ride, but go with the 250F over the 2-stroke.

Definately the 4 banger. I am 5"8 and 180lbs and an intermediate rider. I rode a CR250 and that was way too much bike to have fun on. But i went from a TTR 125 to that. 250f is the way to got, besides. 4 strokes are great in bottom end power.

i have a yz250f and love it. but if you like a trail bike with e-start and lights get the WR. i would prefer a yz since they are lighter but i dont ride trails. good luck

I just recently started riding and I started on an old honda ct 70. Rode that for about an hour then went up to an old honda 100, both trail bikes. Then I decided that I wanted my own bike and went out and bought a 2006 YZ2006F and love it! I hopped on to it and started riding after only riding a bike for about 3 hours and had no problems. The WR might be best for you though since you trail ride, but go with the 250F over the 2-stroke.

Man that thing must haul ass! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks for all the responses guys, could someone tell if on the trails the weight difference between the wr250f and yz250f is noticable? Also is it that hard to kick start a 250f?

I have a yz250f and I only ride trails, and no its not hard to kick start, probably just as easy as any 2 stroke. I would think a wr would be heavier too. Also I wouldn't want a wr because you will crash and i wouldnt want to break the tail lights and stuff :thumbsup: and it's rediculously expensive to buy new ones.

Im puny for my bike and i have almost no problem with it, except for stoping :thumbsup:

Kyle, if your going to break the head light and tail light what does the yz have in place of it? a number plate and rear fender! the tail light i could live with out, just throw a yz fender on, head light is usually a good idea for trails.

I've owned both and love both, but the 250 two stroke feels lighter and is way faster. It's also easier to work on and easier to start.

Ride both if you can before buying.

KH

thanks for the help, unforntunatly i dont anybody with a 250f or 250:cry:

But i see a kid with a crf250f ride up and down my street every once and while maybe ill flag him down one day.

thanks for all the responses guys, could someone tell if on the trails the weight difference between the wr250f and yz250f is noticable? Also is it that hard to kick start a 250f?

not if its jetted right

i like my wr!