Sign in to follow this  

Happy 4th Everyone!

For those of us in America... I just want to wish a happy Independence Day! Today is a day that all of us should be glad we live in this wonderful country that most of us take advantage of. Some arent as lucky as we. Hope everyone had a great and safe day!:thumbsup:

PS thank your armed forces for protecting this great land

Chris

It is easy to get caught up in day to day stuff. I was pisssed on the 4th. I ordered high speed internet and by god, I WANTED IT NOW!!! There were some problems.

Then I started thinking. I bet our fighting folks overseas wish they could only be concerned about their internet service. Probably much easier than worrying abotu roadside bombs and such. I felt like an ass.....

It is easy to get caught up in day to day stuff. I was pisssed on the 4th. I ordered high speed internet and by god, I WANTED IT NOW!!! There were some problems.

Then I started thinking. I bet our fighting folks overseas wish they could only be concerned about their internet service. Probably much easier than worrying abotu roadside bombs and such. I felt like an ass.....

Its the simple stuff like this that make me so proud to live in such a great country! I work for BAE Systems here in york, we build vehicles for our ground troops. Day to day i see these vehicles and sometimes you start to loose touch but i always try to remember who we are building them for. It gives you a sense of pride knowing you did the best you could to protect those who protect you! :thumbsup:

I hope and pray that in the next few elections and years to come we only grow stronger as a United AMERICA :busted: and not fall apart like Rome.:thumbsup:

:cheers: anyway ill stop preaching just felt like i needed to say that.

-Chris

Independence day should be a moment of pride for any nation.

As an Australian I can't quite say that. I think we need another generation to get there.

As for the comment about Rome, The USA defeated the world power of "The United Kingdom" a couple of hundred years ago and through out history all world powers have crumbled. That is not about to change so the enevetible is coming. Get use to it or plan for it.

Happy Independence day:thumbsup: