Sign in to follow this  

HT Racing HI TORK Header

Any one have to rejet after installing one of these? Just installed one on my 05 400 EXC and the bike overheats now,it also backfires on deceleration.

I'm using a JD jetting kit with a quickshot diaphram and the bike ran great before the pipe change.I'd switch back to the stock pipe but it was crushed.

Any one have to rejet after installing one of these? Just installed one on my 05 400 EXC and the bike overheats now,it also backfires on deceleration.

I'm using a JD jetting kit with a quickshot diaphram and the bike ran great before the pipe change.I'd switch back to the stock pipe but it was crushed.

I think your big problem is the quickshot diaphram. You want the Honda / Yamaha diaphram. The quickshot pumps more fuel. The Honda / Yamaha diaphrams pump less. Also be sure you have used high temp copper silicone to

seal the air leaks. I used orings also you can get from the autoparts store on the header also. Use a good clamp on the slip joint too. What needle are you using and what position. You will probably be using the blue needle unless you are at high altitude.

Dwight

Yes you will have to rejet. This product changes the air speed without increasing the vacuum signal. Did you seal the header/pipe connection? This could be the cause of your decel backfire.

For jetting go up one pilot size at a time until she runs right.

Dwight if the quick shot was the problem and he was getting too much fuel then he wouldn't have the overheating problems or backfiring. BTW the quick shot doesn't squirt more over all fuel volume it flows the same volume as stock, it eliminates the delay in response the stock part has. Basicly it accelerates fuel delivery while eliminating traped air that can cause bog and hesitation.

For more research, call Bill at the tech line for HT-headers. He offers good support for the products he sells and knows how to make the bike run with them.

Travis; Dwight if the quick shot was the problem and he was getting too much fuel then he wouldn't have the overheating problems or backfiring. BTW the quick shot doesn't squirt more over all fuel volume it flows the same volume as stock, it eliminates the delay in response the stock part has. Basicly it accelerates fuel delivery while eliminating traped air that can cause bog and hesitation.

First of all too much fuel can cause backfiring in the exhaust. Next stock squirt volume is way too much. I have had problems with both.

Dwight

Get it jetted as close as you can and add a Leak Jet Bowl. The KTM is one of the only off-road bikes in the universe that dosent come from the factory with a leak jet bowl....The addition of the LJB will even out you fuel delivery across the range. You will need to go back to the stock diaphram though.

Thanks for the input.HT and JD also responded to my emails the next day.Great customer support from both of them.