Sign in to follow this  

bike wont start and when it does blue flames and dying

i cleaned my bike ,changed filter ect and when it came time to start it i took like 20 min..when i finnally got the beast alive it back fired, sputtered, and shot out blue flames from the pipe..

now i just got this bike last week and have one ride on in and had a few problems last week also..

i know its gotta be the jet or fuel screw but here's the thing i have no idea which is which and what to do..the flames when reving the bike before it stalls ..lol

the screw on the under-side on the carb is anodized red with 1 2 3 4 on it..

the other is a flat head screw type..what should i do ?

where to start?

please explain it like your where explaining to a kid so i can get it right , i dont have money to go to a shop and wouild like to ride this weekend so please help..thanx

i cleaned my bike ,changed filter ect and when it came time to start it i took like 20 min..when i finnally got the beast alive it back fired, sputtered, and shot out blue flames from the pipe..

now i just got this bike last week and have one ride on in and had a few problems last week also..

i know its gotta be the jet or fuel screw but here's the thing i have no idea which is which and what to do..the flames when reving the bike before it stalls ..lol

the screw on the under-side on the carb is anodized red with 1 2 3 4 on it..

the other is a flat head screw type..what should i do ?

where to start?

please explain it like your where explaining to a kid so i can get it right , i dont have money to go to a shop and wouild like to ride this weekend so please help..thanx

:thumbsup::busted::cheers::thumbsup::bonk::lol: :lol:

Fuel mixtures dont magically change. You washed it and now it doesnt run. Lets see...what could have happened? Get water in the carb? Water in the bowl, mouth of the carb, wash silt or dirt though the filter into one of the main air jets in the mouth of the carb?

take the big nut on the bottom of the float bowl off and clean it out. If there's water in the carb, thats where it would settle most likely. Take the air filter off and clean it. Look inside the air boot to the carb for signs of water or dirt.

Once you get that all back and clean, set the fuel screw to 1.5 turns out and start over and follow the instructions in the link to set the fuel screw.

Fuel mixtures dont magically change. You washed it and now it doesnt run. Lets see...what could have happened? Get water in the carb? Water in the bowl, mouth of the carb, wash silt or dirt though the filter into one of the main air jets in the mouth of the carb?

take the big nut on the bottom of the float bowl off and clean it out. If there's water in the carb, thats where it would settle most likely. Take the air filter off and clean it. Look inside the air boot to the carb for signs of water or dirt.

Once you get that all back and clean, set the fuel screw to 1.5 turns out and start over and follow the instructions in the link to set the fuel screw.

What he said!!!!:thumbsup:

hey thanx bro i washed the filter and the area was real dirty around it so i tried to clean it out without getting any water in there but i was thinkin some might have gotten in..

wasnt sure how to empty the float bowl so thanx for the info will do this saturday and let u know

hey thanx bro i washed the filter and the area was real dirty around it so i tried to clean it out without getting any water in there but i was thinkin some might have gotten in..

wasnt sure how to empty the float bowl so thanx for the info will do this saturday and let u know

Buy some spray carb cleaner. After letting it sit it gets nasty in there. You'll want to pull out the pilot and main jets and give them a good douching.

After you get the boot clean, if you can find some straight alcohol spray that in there before you start it because the alcohol will bind with the water and it'll clear it. Id fire it up without the air cleaner so I had access to the mouth of the carb if I needed it.

thanx for the help guys,

shawn_mc good call on the float valve nut i took it off and there was all kinds of old gunk and chit in it.

cleaned it up real good, set the screw at 1.5 clicks, also ran some gas threw the carb to make sure it was all clear and cleaned, cean up watever needed .

fisrt kick started like a charm..took it for a quick ride over a few jumps and alls good for tommorow.no more flames ,farts ,or squirts :thumbsup:

thanx again guys