First streetride w/ Michael

Yesterday was my first time riding street with son Michael. As a lot of you know, we've been riding dirt together since he was eight and still do now of course on the YZ's but until I got my Husky I only had one streetbike.

I was on my ZRX and he rode the Tard, did four hours on some nice local twisties here in WNC. There was some traffic concidering the holiday but we got to let it hang out on a back stretch or two.

It was good to teach him all the possible crash senerios while out and point out the stupid things idiots in cars do first hand while I led a safe pace. I had to learn all that shit by experience myself and have the scars to prove it.

For all you fathers that know the joy of sharing this sport with your sons, you know how great my afternoon was. And he's a good rider too, knows how to handle the bike and shows good judgement while on it. I'm very proud.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's great!!! Sounds like a major milestone for you and your son. :thumbsup: It's great that you have the bikes and the great roads nearby to facilitate such a fun ride. I hope you haven't offically turned your back on your dirt biking brethern.:busted: We need to plan another ride together soon. I'll have my August schedule in about a week so we can plan then.

:thumbsup:

Man that's sweet!! I wish to hell my dad was still here to ride with me and show me a thing or two. He was the man.....you're a lucky guy to have that time with your son. Keep up the good work DAD!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

:thumbsup: I bet that was great :thumbsup:

I look forward to the day I can ride street with my sons. To their mother's demise, I'm sure Cody at least will have a street bike, as much as he LOVES riding!!! Hopefully on the 29th will give him a chance at the next trackday.:busted:

:thumbsup: I bet that was great :thumbsup:

I look forward to the day I can ride street with my sons. To their mother's demise, I'm sure Cody at least will have a street bike, as much as he LOVES riding!!! Hopefully on the 29th will give him a chance at the next trackday.:cheers:

Hey Ryan, welcome back! Yeah that last track-day was canceled so we'll all be stoked for the next one. See you there.:busted: