Sign in to follow this  

ttr 90 for 9 year old girl?

i have been looking at getting a ttr 90 for my 9 year old girl. i have found a 2005 at a good price. this will be her first bike. what can you guys tell me about this as a first bike?

my riding buddy got a CRF70 for his girl same age. i noticed the crf 70 is a little taller. how much should i worried about seat at this point in the game? my daughter is a little tall for her age. will see out grow the ttr90 fast?

I have both models for my kids, a 07 TTR90 for my 9 Year old and a 06 CRF70 for my 7 year old. The TTR90 has a more power and the electric start is nice. I had to cut down the CRF70 seat for my kids when I got it over a year ago. The two bikes look almost the same size sitting next to each other. The CRF70 seamed a little more dialed in from the factory than the TTR90, I am going to have to jet the TTR90. There are more aftermarket/pit bike parts you can get for the CRF70. Either bike has its pro's and con's.

You might also want to look into the replacement for the TTR90, the TTR110:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/570/0/specs.aspx

TTR90 is bullet proof. My son beat the living @#% out of his and it kept right on ticking. No worries

I always buy my sons bikes a little tall. Gives them room to grow into. Kids grow crazy fast at that age so unless you plan on upgrading bikes every year get them a little big.