Sign in to follow this  

Heel Pain...

I have recently developed some heel pain. Not what I would describe as plantar fasciitis or heel spur pain.

It started after I did a light workout on my stationary bike and was doing some stretching. (Standing quad and hamsting stretches and sitting then hip flexor stretches) Specifically, after the hip flexor stretch.

The pain is on the inside of my heel. It doesn't really hurt to walk or ride my bike (Stationary or MTN bike) but feels like a knife going into the side of my heel when doing lying front leg lifts or raising my leg with my foot (toes) pointed up.

A little history - I had ACL replacement in November. Knee feels great and I have dropped 25 pounds since my surgery but this pain is putting a kink in my workouts!

Any ideas???

We have plantar fascitis patients work on heel cord stretching. When the heel cord is supple, the pain tends to go away.

We have plantar fascitis patients work on heel cord stretching. When the heel cord is supple, the pain tends to go away.

Doc, can you tell me more? My heel has been hurting lately. The pain lasts a couple days and it seems to start during the cannonballs in my PT routine.

At the gym, go on the calf raise machine with some weights on your shoulders, slowly let you heel go down toward the floor with the forefoot on the step. You will feel it in the calf. Hold it to the 10 count. Then relax. Repeat ten times per day.