Sign in to follow this  

Odometer Quick N' Easy Please

Hi,

I'm in West Virginia and trying to convert my 2001 KTM 520 title to street legal. So far, so good. But now, the DMV is telling me that Federal Law requires that I have a non-resettable Odometer. I do not know if this is even truly a law, but I want to go along and do what they say.

I have a little Bell digital bicycle speedometer, but the mileage is resettable. Are there any digital speedometer/odometers that are not resettable ? As a last resort, I'll install a mechanical speedometer/odometer but this would take a lot of work and money since my bike doesn't even have the drive gear on the hub, I'd have to buy a lot of parts.

So, I'd like to get a digital one with the simple little magnet pick-up.

Any suggestions ?

- Mitch

My trail-tech Vapor is not resetable.

It has a persistant milage/time meter, as well as a resetable one.

Sigma has odometers (Sigma Sport 800) that you have to take the batteries out to reset. i doubt if ur DMV would be aware of this. they retail for about $30, but can be found on ebay, Amazon or possibly a local bike shop for less.

Yet another option is a Cat Eye bicycle speedometer - $15?

I put a Sigma bicycle computer on my WR and it has worked great for years. If you go that route, make sure that the one you get will read a high enough speed. Some brand/models have pretty low limits on how fast they can read.