Sign in to follow this  

Ktm front fork removal

I have a 2000 Ktm520exc and I want the frame powder coated. I have it stripped down to the frame and front forks. Are there any tricks or tips that any one knows about to get the triple tree out with out damaging anything. I'd really like any advice you have. Thanks a lot.

I have a 2000 Ktm520exc and I want the frame powder coated. I have it stripped down to the frame and front forks. Are there any tricks or tips that any one knows about to get the triple tree out with out damaging anything. I'd really like any advice you have. Thanks a lot.

Just remove your forks, then remove the handle bars, then remove the neck nut and the clamps will come off the bike.

It is not a big task, just a bit messy with grease.

James

you might need to persuade the top clamp with a rubber mallet or a piece of wood and a hammer.... Tom

the last 2 frames i had powdercoated , i had to remove the stearing steam bearing races from the frame...

they are a PIA to get out and in...:thumbsup: