Riding in Oregon

Hey TT'ers, just wanted to know if anyone can say good or bad things about off road riding in Oregon. I was looking at that state as a possible place to move in the next 5 years and would like to hear some stories about any good riding in the western part of the state. My wife and I are looking at many places north and south but mainly on the western half of the state.

Thanks guys..any input is great.

Kaleb-

Check out the "Where to Ride" feature here on TT. And, yes.....it's an awesome place to get a little mud on the tires.

Good luck.

It's great, if you don't mind riding in the rain.

I moved out here two years ago and I love it. It's one of the only places in the country that you can have every aspect of Natue at your fingertips. There's city life, country western life, beaches, ocean, hiking, skiing all year round, mountains, trails, hardpack, mud, singletrack, dunes, or anything else you like to ride.

I would tell anyone interested in moving to Oregon to give it serious consideration. It's sweet out here....nothing like it anywhere I've been in the country.:thumbsup:

I moved out here two years ago and I love it. It's one of the only places in the country that you can have every aspect of Natue at your fingertips. There's city life, country western life, beaches, ocean, hiking, skiing all year round, mountains, trails, hardpack, mud, singletrack, dunes, or anything else you like to ride.

I would tell anyone interested in moving to Oregon to give it serious consideration. It's sweet out here....nothing like it anywhere I've been in the country.:thumbsup:

Well announce it to the world, why don't ya?

It's really not that nice in the Northwest. Too many hippies, people drive five miles an hour under the speed limit, in the fast lane. Everybody is way politically correct about everything. The mountains are too cold and wet to ski or snowboard, the water at the coast is too cold to swim in...

It's really not that nice in the Northwest. Too many hippies, people drive five miles an hour under the speed limit, in the fast lane. Everybody is way politically correct about everything. The mountains are too cold and wet to ski or snowboard, the water at the coast is too cold to swim in...

I concur with MXJunky.

Its awful here.

Dude, why do you find it necessary to bash on everything in everyone's threads? That's all I've read from you in the last few days. Just sarcastic posts....it gets old fast man.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

Dude, why do you find it necessary to bash on everything in everyone's threads? That's all I've read from you in the last few days. Just sarcastic posts....it gets old fast man.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

Do you enjoy smelly hippies? They're right here in Portland, right now. Everybody actually does drive way too ****ing slow in the NW, too. Chillax, home slice.

there is much better riding in our neighboring states, hands down, our riding here is OKAY at best.

You think people drive slow here? throw a little rain or snow in the mix and californias practically come to stand still.

Kaleb,

Why the West side? What do you do for a living? Any preferences on climate, terrain, etc? Answers to those questions can help us put you in the right spot. The state of Oregon is great! Every spot has something to offer.

Dan

P.S. There are a lot of hippies here!

don't go to the east it's just dry and dusty with alot of grouchy ranchers and no established trails

Dude, why do you find it necessary to bash on everything in everyone's threads?

It wouldnt be TT if somebody didnt!

I love the PNW. Too liberal for my likings. But very few places in the country you can ride dunes and go snowboarding during the same weekend.

Every place has its downfalls, and from my experience, the PNW has the fewest.

It wouldnt be TT if somebody didnt!

I love the PNW. Too liberal for my likings. But very few places in the country you can ride dunes and go snowboarding during the same weekend.

Every place has its downfalls, and from my experience, the PNW has the fewest.

Very well said. :thumbsup: