Sign in to follow this  

Is this Fair?

Cause I think it is...

We will see how long this topic goes..seeings how it is not moto related.

I was on a tangent again the other day, and got kinda pissed off about paying $50 dam dollars for birth control (Insurance won't cover contreceptives but they will sure cover Male Enhancers!!!:cheers: )

Anyhow..I was thinkin..What the crap is this all about?? Not only do women bare the 'lack of better word' of pregnancy and delivering and child rearing, but we are responsible for the cost for controlling it.

$50 is what it cost me and millions of women so we can have :thumbsup: with our partners and avoid unwanted pregnancy. Guys just go about theirs lives free from having to take mood altering, hormone intensive drugs that have lasting effects on your body. Maybe spending $5 here and there for condoms or if you have been in a long relationship probably none at all. While we are subjected to the crap, and the COST. I know too, that if it were left to men to take a pill once a day, or a shot once a month and deal with what this crap can do to you...we would definalty have more unwanted pregnancy.

I say, if it cost me $50 to :busted: with my man he should bear half the burden, HELL how about all of it to make up for the $800 I've already spent to protect US from pregnancy.

I'm charging him $25 a month to have safe sex with me:lol: . How about that! I'm done. :thumbsup:

Cause I think it is...

We will see how long this topic goes..seeings how it is not moto related.

I was on a tangent again the other day, and got kinda pissed off about paying $50 dam dollars for birth control (Insurance won't cover contreceptives but they will sure cover Male Enhancers!!!:thumbsup: )

Easy....your insurance sucks. Our insurance pays for my wife's birth control.

I'm charging him $25 a month to have safe sex with me:lol: . How about that! I'm done. :thumbsup:

sounds fair to me. i offered to pay for my gf's birth control for the exact reasons you mentioned, but she declined. maybe she was worried she'd have to put out if i was footing the bill. lol.

just curious, does ALL insurance exclude b/c? or does it depend on the plan? seems to me paying for b/c is WAY cheaper than paying for births.

Easy....your insurance sucks. Our insurance pays for my wife's birth control.

Well I'm not talking about your insurance. I'm talking about mine, and about a million others that don't cover it. I'm tired of paying for it. If I could only reason with my Company to realize the cost of having a child on your tab far exceeds the cost of birth control.

and Velo...I'm thinkin that's why too!!! HAHAHahahahahahahah smart lady.

I pay for her bc pills every other month.

Her- "It's going to cost you $30 every other month if we're going to keep doing this"

Me- "That's it? Don't you have a sister also?"

Her- ":bonk: "

Mine only costs $10.... maybe it is your insurance?

Of course it is. That's my point, BC should be FREE!!!!!! :thumbsup: No matter what!!

Through a clinic here, you can get it for free.

I can't take generics, here in Oklahoma they give you crap for free from clinics that makes me violently ill

I have a hypertyhroid disease that makes it difficult and I have to stick to the one kind that doesn't make me crazy or super ill.

which is OrthotriCyclen Lo--tried the generic and my hair fell out!

Mine covers it, but we're on a tiered plan so the affordable one is the one that mucks up my cycle and moods, and the good one that I liked and worked well (nuva ring, try it if you haven't) was wayyyyyy more $.

there is a male birth control. The FDA hasn't approved it for use in the US yet.

there is a male birth control. The FDA hasn't approved it for use in the US yet.

There is also something called a condom (male birth control) and self discipline. Those damn hormones.:thumbsup:

I can't take generics, here in Oklahoma they give you crap for free from clinics that makes me violently ill

I have a hypertyhroid disease that makes it difficult and I have to stick to the one kind that doesn't make me crazy or super ill.

which is OrthotriCyclen Lo--tried the generic and my hair fell out!

The only difference between the generics and name brands is the price and label. The clinic must have been giving you a different hormone.

There is also something called a condom (male birth control) and self discipline. Those damn hormones.:thumbsup:

What do condoms have to do with self control? Does it take more to use them? Do people who use condoms have more self control than those who don't? I don't think that a condom is a better solution than hormone pills. There are a lot of people with latex allergies. Non-latex condoms are three or more times the price. A box of 12 was $30, I think. Plus, they protect only from pregnancy; the lambskin is more porous and will not protect against AIDS and STDs. Condoms also allow a higher failure rate, due to breakage, an "oops" while removing it ... not to mention they are just plain annoying.

Last I read, the male birth control pill was successfully tested in other countries. I haven't kept up on it though.

Get off the soapbox--there are a lot of people with latex allergies. Non-latex condoms are three or more times the price. A box of 12 was $30, I think. Plus, they protect only from pregnancy; the lambskin is more porous and will not protect against AIDS and STDs. Condoms also allow a higher failure rate, due to breakage, an "oops" while removing it ... not to mention they are just plain annoying.

Last I read, the male birth control pill was successfully tested in other countries. I haven't kept up on it though.

From what I have been told, is that generics are the same but are inconsistent in doses (very small) that is why you may notice a difference in quality, and apparently I noticed. And now I am scared to take anything but what I take now

sounds fair to me. i offered to pay for my gf's birth control for the exact reasons you mentioned, but she declined. maybe she was worried she'd have to put out if i was footing the bill. lol.

just curious, does ALL insurance exclude b/c? or does it depend on the plan? seems to me paying for b/c is WAY cheaper than paying for births.

umm ... you never offered. must be one of yer other gf's, lol!! :thumbsup:

Male birth control! I like that idea!
If I was a woman. I don't think I would trust it or will have a hard time to, at least. Because if the guy gets "lazy", you're still the one who ends up with the belly. I guess it's less of a problem with serious couples but otherwise, I would like to keep the full control on whether or not I can get pregnant.

From what I have been told, is that generics are the same but are inconsistent in doses (very small) that is why you may notice a difference in quality, and apparently I noticed. And now I am scared to take anything but what I take now

I can't take the generic brands either. End up with the dreaded break through bleeding.

Wow, I was not aware they were testing this.

If I was a woman. I don't think I would trust it or will have a hard time to, at least. Because if the guy gets "lazy", you're still the one who ends up with the belly. I guess it's less of a problem with serious couples but otherwise, I would like to keep the full control on whether or not I can get pregnant.

I know what you mean.... what i meant was in a joking matter.