Sign in to follow this  

zip-ty racing carb mod

I'd like to hear some feedback from people who have had thier carb modified by zip-ty. Before i sent it to them i did a search on here and heard some good things about it, but i just talked to them (after sending them my carb) and they said that they "dont do much to the carb".

I asked him about jetting for aftermarket pipe and elevation reasons and he said they dont do anything to the jetting, so im kind of wondering what exactly do they do to the carb? I mean i feel like i just sent my carb out for a $100 carb cleaning job :thumbsup:

Anyway, if anyone out there has had them do their carb mod some feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated.

i havent yet but now im interested. if they dont jet it.. or mod it in any way. looks like they hose it down and send it back :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was the best $100.00 I've spent on my bike. It's so responsive it's unbelievable. I highly recommend this mod, ans the customer service is excellent!

It was the best $100.00 I've spent on my bike. It's so responsive it's unbelievable. I highly recommend this mod, ans the customer service is excellent!

What did they do to it?

What did they do to it?

Well it's kinda hard to say, they do some race mods they have learned over the years. They don't change the jets, but they do tell you what they recommend for your location and pipe and so on. I would suggest you call Steve and he will tell you ass much as he can about what they do. You have to remember, it's race secrets, but in my opinion well worth it.

Had this done on my 06 YZ450F. Money well spent. They won't tell you everything they do but they wire and set the A/P, do something to the emulsion tube, and some secret stuff. My bike is 2 stroke responsive now.

feedback is good but its kinda sketchy doing "secret stuff" to my damn carb haha prolly just some business thing. u cant patent a method can you? instead they just dont tell anyone!

feedback is good but its kinda sketchy doing "secret stuff" to my damn carb haha prolly just some business thing. u cant patent a method can you? instead they just dont tell anyone!

That's just it you "don't tell anyone", I just know what ever they do works damn good.

You can patent methods to some degree, but even if you don't attempt to get legal protection (what a patent is), there's also no reason to give away all your knowledge to every bozo who asks.

Ty Davis and his crew know more about racing and bike setup than you do. He's charging for the knowledge he earned the hard way.

If you ever get to be half the racer he is, you can do the same with your experience.

i never meant anything like that. im just saying even if u did pay for it i think most people would like to know whats going to be changed

i never meant anything like that. im just saying even if u did pay for it i think most people would like to know whats going to be changed

Look at it this way, if you send out an engine or head to be ported by a performance shop and they know a way to give you 10 more horsepower, they're probably not going to give you the specs of what they did. Trade secrets again.

Some will (and you have to wonder if they're telling you the truth) and some won't.

If it works and they stand behind their work, why does it matter?

The Zip Ty mod is rumored to give 1 to 1.5 more horse from the improved efficiency. I believe it!

okkkk okkkk i give in marko. maybe secrets are okay. the only thing im worried about (not the ty mod specifically, any place that they dont say specifics) is them really not doing much and charging me big for it you know?

heres the secrets ..they play with the emulsion circuits....low speed air bleeds and high speed air bleeds to make the fuel curve more linear same thing we do with our race car carbs we get them close with jetting and fine tune the fuel curve with the air bleed circuits a smooth linear fuel curve will use less fuel make better power and be more respnsive

heres the secrets ..they play with the emulsion circuits....low speed air bleeds and high speed air bleeds to make the fuel curve more linear same thing we do with our race car carbs we get them close with jetting and fine tune the fuel curve with the air bleed circuits a smooth linear fuel curve will use less fuel make better power and be more respnsive

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WEll my dad sent his carb into zip-ty for his 2006 yz450f and he seems to be happy with it cause it cuts down on the bog stalling and yeah, i havnt riden it yet but he is really happy with it.....

What a buncha bunk about 'secrets'.

If you send an car race head out to be 'modded' they will tell if they are porting the intake or exhaust or whatever. They may not tell you the percent or what angles or what is best for your engine on the flow bench, but they WILL tell you what they DO!

If it was really a 'secret' anybody who was so interested in stealing the 'secret' could simply measure the ports and changes and then also do the same, but it's generally so difficult and most people don't have a flow bench, that the average jack ain't gonna do it.

Granted, that's cars, but the same should hold true for any mod to any engine or part in that they tell you what they have done. They may not tell you the specifics or how much they have done, but they tell you what.

If they can't tell you what, then it's simply 'placebo effect' in that YOU BELIEVE it's better because they tell you it's better.

Get it in writing what they've done or you've gotten taken and they aren't telling you because if they get taken to court they don't have to prove they did anything because they didn't tell you they did anything!

If you have no way of proving what's been done..............That's a scam!

If you send an car race head out to be 'modded' they will tell if they are porting the intake or exhaust or whatever. They may not tell you the percent or what angles or what is best for your engine on the flow bench, but they WILL tell you what they DO!

If it was really a 'secret' anybody who was so interested in stealing the 'secret' could simply measure the ports and changes and then also do the same, but it's generally so difficult and most people don't have a flow bench, that the average jack ain't gonna do it.

Granted, that's cars, but the same should hold true for any mod to any engine or part in that they tell you what they have done. They may not tell you the specifics or how much they have done, but they tell you what.

If they can't tell you what, then it's simply 'placebo effect' in that YOU BELIEVE it's better because they tell you it's better.

Get it in writing what they've done or you've gotten taken and they aren't telling you because if they get taken to court they don't have to prove they did anything because they didn't tell you they did anything!

If you feel this way then simply don't get it done. However, to suggest that others like myself that have had this mod performed on our bikes can't feel an improvement is BS. I am not feeling a "Placebo Effect" as you put it. I know the improvement in how my bike runs after this mod. You on the other hand haven't a clue. Pretty low class to suggest the people at Zip-Ty are scamming riders with this mod and the people who have had it done aren't smart enough to know the difference.

you don't know what you are talking about, why don't you read what has already been written on this mod here and elsewhere before spouting off...

it has already been posted what they do, there is a huge thread about this mod in the YZ450 forum also.

The Carb is completely checked, cleaned, the AC pump is wired, work is done on the emulsion tube, among other things which they don't totally reveal for proprietary reasons...

I have had the mod done, it made a huge difference in the throttle response and low end responsiveness.. I would recommend it to others, for 100 dollars it is a bargain... if you don't do it, it's your loss...

you don't know what you talking about. Have you rode a bike with this mod? Probably not, until you ride one with and one with out :thumbsup: