Sign in to follow this  

Do you guys carry extra tools for your street riding?

Anybody carry tubes, air, or other things above and beyond your bike's tool kit for day-2-day street riding?

Have you ever been caught with a flat tire on black-top?

I only carry my stock tool-kit for daily commute. Thinking about rigging up a kit to carry some slime, CO2 air, and maybe a few other goodies.

Cheers

Pullin'

To be honest I haven't thought about it much. Although the thing I would be worried about more than repairing a flat while on-road is keeping my ass from the asphault when a tubed tire blows.:thumbsup:

ditto.

I broke two ribs, got a big blood-blister (1.5" round), and got some rash two-weeks into owning my last bike when the front tire went limp at about 40mph. Most painful wreck I have ever had.

PS: NEVER EVER go ski-ing 2 months after breaking your ribs...the re-broke ribs hurt twice as much as the 1st time around.:thumbsup:

well speaking for myself. i only carry the stock tools on the bike. i leave a spare tube at work for the rear in case i blow one or loose a spoke as i used to on the xt225. i am a mechanic so all the tools i need are there. if i was to go on an extended trip id carry one with 2 long screw drivers for the changes on the side of the road.

Anybody carry tubes, air, or other things above and beyond your bike's tool kit for day-2-day street riding?

Have you ever been caught with a flat tire on black-top?...

Shortly after my first flat in a Home Depot parking lot, when I had to call for help, I started carrying a 12V electrical air pump, a spare 21 inch tube, and enough tools to change the tube when away from home.

My Moose Racing front fender bag holds all my tire gear.

Have been caught twice with flat tire on black-top. Both times slow leaks that didn't show up until bike sat for a while. Both times I was able to simply air up and ride home for a proper repair.

Shortly after my first flat in a Home Depot parking lot, when I had to call for help, I started carrying a 12V electrical air pump, a spare 21 inch tube, and enough tools to change the tube when away from home.

My Moose Racing front fender bag holds all my tire gear.

Have been caught twice with flat tire on black-top. Both times slow leaks that didn't show up until bike sat for a while. Both times I was able to simply air up and ride home for a proper repair.

Regular, Heavy duty or Ultra heavy duty tubes?

Regular, Heavy duty or Ultra heavy duty tubes?

Heavy duty.

Why do you ask? (Are ultra heavy duty tubes worth double the price of heavy duty? I have wondered about that. I want to minimize the chance of flats on my TAT ride.)

Heavy duty.

Why do you ask? (Are ultra heavy duty tubes worth double the price of heavy duty? I have wondered about that. I want to minimize the chance of flats on my TAT ride.)

I run ultra heavy duty tubes and slime and have yet to get a flat with this setup, I even hit a curb at 60 and bent both rims and did not pinch flat. For something like a long Baja trip or the TAT I would highly recomend them.

Now back to the thread, I have basic tools and a spare 21" tube that never leave the bike no matter what I'm riding but I really dont ride much street. I use a front fender pack for the tube and tire irons and a rear pack with tools.

Generally I am less concerned when on the road. On the pavement bike extraction is easy. Just pull up and load it in the truck. Not so when way out on the trail.

i always carry tools and extra tubes. cruz tools bag fits a extra tube and tools

i fit it on a promoto billit rack and it works great.

my last flat i limped the bike to town with the old zip tye trick

(zip tye the tube to the rim so it does not come off and you can usually ride at a slow pace to service)

i always carry tools and extra tubes. cruz tools bag fits a extra tube and tools

i fit it on a promoto billit rack and it works great.

my last flat i limped the bike to town with the old zip tye trick

(zip tye the tube to the rim so it does not come off and you can usually ride at a slow pace to service)

HUH????

tools i own a yamaha P pffft.....

just in case

spark plug and socket

1/4 drive 6-8-10-12-14 short extention

2 tire spoons 1 from drc with rear axle nut wrench

knife, gerber multi tool, set of ball end allen wrenches

zip ties electrical tape fold up torx kit, toilet paper

co2 inflator kit with patches

8-10-12-14 wrenches (wish these were titanium)

a few misc bolts nuts and washers

and 3$ in quarters (tape them together so they dont rattle

have i ever used these 20 pounds of tools?

ONE TIME, license plate fell off

i keep them in the backpack at all times