Sign in to follow this  

Rocket Raceway July 8th

you suckers missed a good weekend!Mark keep that track up ALL weekend! Gotta love that new step-up..........80+ woooooo hooooooooo!

You have any pics of it? Where is it on the track? How's that cr run?

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m277/yz250fpegged/?action=view&current=RocketRaceway.flv

listen carefully on my last shot off the stepup...lol....over shot it and you can hear me go "whoaaaaaaaa"...

CR ran okay....gotta get rid of that FMF SST pipe....hardly any bottom end.i cased the crap out of the finish line double on it...lol....did the step up....jusssssst made it...3rd PINNED...LOL

Brianrocketstepup.jpg

Shaunrocket.jpg

Rocket looks like a great track.

Saturday I was at Irish Valley for the first time, and it was pretty decent. I found the smallest track and the Intermediate track to simply be too short, while the Pro track required pretty much full-commitment on some of the bigger jumps. The dirt is very nice at Irish Valley.

How would you guy's compare Irish Valley to Rocket???

Nice pics and vid B. So do you have to make that squirrelly downhill jump to make the new one? I need to go out and try it soon.

nahhhhhh...i never do that bottom table b/c theres a deep gully at the end and i always bottom out there....i just jump 1/2 or 3/4 the way on it then rip 3rd off it and hit the step-up...

as for dirt comparisons...Rocket gets some nice loamy ruts formed in the corners and is really nice...plus its 2x the size of IV....cheaper too!I've been to IV...not a bad place just small...

nahhhhhh...i never do that bottom table b/c theres a deep gully at the end and i always bottom out there....i just jump 1/2 or 3/4 the way on it then rip 3rd off it and hit the step-up...

as for dirt comparisons...Rocket gets some nice loamy ruts formed in the corners and is really nice...plus its 2x the size of IV....cheaper too!I've been to IV...not a bad place just small...

Thanks for the info....I gotta check out Rocket sometime.

Rocket is out in the boonies compared to Irish Valley. Had harescrambles at both. IV was awesome cause it offered a variety of different tracks and the dirt was nice. MX track was sick with some of those jumps. Rocket was awesome but is out in the middle of nowhere, which is cool, but to far away for me. Great track, besides the finish double that I watched a kid snap his wrist on the practice day before the harescramble. So I just left that jump out of my lap. Races was great, best finish this year too, 3rd in my class of 20+.

Rocket is out in the boonies compared to Irish Valley. Had harescrambles at both. IV was awesome cause it offered a variety of different tracks and the dirt was nice. MX track was sick with some of those jumps. Rocket was awesome but is out in the middle of nowhere, which is cool, but to far away for me. Great track, besides the finish double that I watched a kid snap his wrist on the practice day before the harescramble. So I just left that jump out of my lap. Races was great, best finish this year too, 3rd in my class of 20+.

you just need to be on it to clear the finish line...its only 40ft btw...congrats on 3rd too!Rocket is the only track i ever won an overall at....TWICE! :thumbsup:

irish is 3 hours away from me.. i liked it a lot but its just far.. i want to try rocket though ill be making the trip as soon as my suspension is fixed