Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Who has the fastest factory bike.

Another thing to consider with the lap times is average lap times. Sure RV might of put in one fast lap time, but i would love to see average lap time comparisions.

:thumbsup: It's hard to tell. Most of the guys don't run full blown motors. If I had to guess it would be bubba's bike. When you get over 55 hp on a motocross bike, it's really going to wear you out and make you slower. It's like suspension, some guys like to be soft and other like it so stiff. It's all rider prefrence. That's why bubba is god in th whoops. He has his suspension so freaking stiff. But he looses some in the corners. But I can tell you most if not all the factory riders are not using the most hp motors that are provided to them. :thumbsup:

But people who think that its all rider, and the Z50 comment, trust me, thats not true.

well no sheit . but RC and James are so much faster than the comp they could win on anything, because the bike is only about 30%. cuz if its not then your telling me the guy that won the support class in amatuer days could get on RC's bike and smoke em? its about 70-75 % rider.

I'd say a lot of it comes down to how comfortable the rider is on their bike. At the level these guys ride, they are fully committed nearly all the time. To have that level of commitment, you have to really trust the setup. Ease back just a fraction because you question or don't fully 100% trust the bike and you go from 1st to 3rd or 4th. But trust the bike and hang it all out and fully commit on every part of the track and that's what it takes to win.

I don't think even RC and JS could win on anything. It took JS several laps to get around Alessi at Red Bud and when James was having a little trouble with his bike a few races ago he came in like 4th or something. Put him on a an inferior bike and I think he doesn't win. The other guys and their bikes are too good.

I'd say a lot of it comes down to how comfortable the rider is on their bike. At the level these guys ride, they are fully committed nearly all the time. To have that level of commitment, you have to really trust the setup. Ease back just a fraction because you question or don't fully 100% trust the bike and you go from 1st to 3rd or 4th. But trust the bike and hang it all out and fully commit on every part of the track and that's what it takes to win.

I don't think even RC and JS could win on anything. It took JS several laps to get around Alessi at Red Bud and when James was having a little trouble with his bike a few races ago he came in like 4th or something. Put him on a an inferior bike and I think he doesn't win. The other guys and their bikes are too good.

WRONG..........i dont care what anyone says about his 125.........he was riding a 1-2-5 and he absolutely creamed EVERYONE else and they were all on 250f's.........i bet you if you put bubba and RC on 250 fs they'd still kill everybody and if you put both of them on 125's against 450's it would still be a hell of a show and they'd beat a lot more riders than you think.....

125s aren't that slow if kept on the pipe... and that is exactly what james did... since he never used anything but topend, his motor could have all the power focused in that range (losing all bottom and some mid)

I bet his 125 made more power then any 250f (i know my stock 125SX made more power then stock 250fs)

any way i think the Pro Circuit boys have the fastest bikes as does James 450f

WRONG..........i dont care what anyone says about his 125.........he was riding a 1-2-5 and he absolutely creamed EVERYONE else and they were all on 250f's.........i bet you if you put bubba and RC on 250 fs they'd still kill everybody and if you put both of them on 125's against 450's it would still be a hell of a show and they'd beat a lot more riders than you think.....
amen!

The fact of the matter is the difference between the factory bikes and what a mortal man can have is only about 3-5%. The bike is important but really all the factory money goes to fine tuning suspension and things like that but now you can buy "factory kit" suspension so...

I don't know.

rock on.

The fact of the matter is the difference between the factory bikes and what a mortal man can have is only about 3-5%. The bike is important but really all the factory money goes to fine tuning suspension and things like that but now you can buy "factory kit" suspension so...

I don't know.

rock on.

You can get the real deal factory stuff, if you know the right people and want to throw some coin.. :thumbsup:

You can get the real deal factory stuff, if you know the right people and want to throw some coin.. :thumbsup:

I would kill for the factory honda suspension, 50mm forks, all the coatings, and unbelievable internals:jawdrop: :thumbsup:

sorry but you cant get the factory 450 suspension no matter who you know, the 250f stuff maybe.

Keep saying that to your self.. :thumbsup:

Keep saying that to your self.. :thumbsup:

i dont think you can get any of that stuff unless your on the team. they keep it top secret haha. i mean, you can buy factory connection forks, but thats not what the team runs

i dont think you can get any of that stuff unless your on the team. they keep it top secret haha. i mean, you can buy factory connection forks, but thats not what the team runs

I'm not talking about B kit's you get from Fc or any other stuff.. I have a B-kit on my cr250, without the coatings.

125s aren't that slow if kept on the pipe... and that is exactly what james did... since he never used anything but topend, his motor could have all the power focused in that range (losing all bottom and some mid)

I bet his 125 made more power then any 250f (i know my stock 125SX made more power then stock 250fs)

any way i think the Pro Circuit boys have the fastest bikes as does James 450f

tell that to ryan hughes or brett metcalf........ryno goes from championship contender to no threat at all since ktm did not have a four stroke for him to ride.....brett metcalf had horrible results on his yz125 and when they finally give him a 250f to ride not only does he turn it around tremendously he does well enough to get hired by pro circuit.......it's not all about #'s on a dyno chart.

Yea the KTM's are fast bikes, not that I've ridden one but Alessi holeshot both his motos, and last year in Australian MX Ryan Marmont was getting huge holeshots on his KTM 250SXF.

DSCF34882.jpg

Hahaha I've seen that add. When I first saw it I thought it was photoshoped.

Is it actually real?

care to explain why tim ferry could ride top 5 and even podium last summer on a moto xxx bike....(not a factory bike)......

its a lot more the rider than the bike......yes any smart rider would prefer factory equipment over a privateer ride.......but the difference is nowhere near night and day like 10 or 15 years ago.....

Moto XXX is a lot closer to factory than what Darcy Lange was using in the Bookoo arenacross. To me, Moto XXX is as close as it gets to factory.

Lange was running a Pro Circuit motor, with Pro Circuit works suspension, and a very long list of hop ups, but said that his bike wasn't half the bike of the Pro Circuit factory bikes.

I would kill for the factory honda suspension, 50mm forks, all the coatings, and unbelievable internals:jawdrop: :thumbsup:

The works suspension really does nothing for the average joe, unless you have somebody there to tune it for you all the time. This is where the factory money comes into play over the privateers.

I'm sure just if you had a factory team suspension expert tuning your stock suspension with just valving changes you would be faster than just bolting up works parts.

Moto XXX is a lot closer to factory than what Darcy Lange was using in the Bookoo arenacross. To me, Moto XXX is as close as it gets to factory.

Calling B.S. My friend rides for MotoXXX, Mitch Dougherty. And his bikes aren't close to a factory bike.