Moab trip?

I would like to go to Moab someday and I would like to know from people who have been there, where is the best place to go and what time of the year is the best time to go?

------------------

'00 WR400F

-- WR timing, stock jetting, stock pipe/muffler, no baffle

A bunch of us are going this weekend. Fri, Sat and Sun.

When are you going?

I can tell you some awesome rides out there. let me know what kind of riding you like, how long you will be there and when you are going and I'll give you an ear-full.

Tim from Utah moto Adventures can do the same.

Bryan...

We would love to have you join us this weekend if you can. Bryan's favorite ride is Kane Creek. I have some pic's of it posted here.

I plan to get some good action shots this weekend and will post them up by next week. Hopefully Bryan will pull some sweet moves for all to see...

Tim

[This message has been edited by offroadhaus (edited 04-11-2000).]

Thanks for the offers! I would love to come but I can't. I would even drive 12 hours to get there if I could -- maybe next time. But what I really want to do is to plan a trip with my family. It's a pretty long trip for us and I don't get a lot of vacation time so I want to plan a trip with some knowledge of where to go and what time of the year would be best. I saw your pictures and I'm hooked. It's now only a matter of time before I go.

------------------

'00 WR400F

-- WR timing, stock jetting, stock pipe/muffler, no baffle

Summer in Moab is BRUTAL ! ! !

The average day time high temp in July is 100 degrees!

Spring and Fall are the best times to go although it gets crowded. March, April, May, September and October are prime. November can be OK too although I was there two years ago in late November and froze my butt off on the White Rim trail.

I've been there in the winter too but you can't really count on a trip then since it might snow and you would be sitting in your motel room.

Bryan...

Hey TT, if you can't join us this weekend, how about in May over Memorial weekend. I'll be there with a few other guys for an extended trip. This will be my third year in a row out there during May. It is my favorite time to go. Great weather, not all that crowded. You can get maps there or you can probably order from somewhere but I don't know where yet.

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics

Thanks again for all the information. And thanks Dougie for the invite! Sorry it took me so long to respond. About Memorial weekend, it sounds great but I may be busy. I'm not sure if my wife has plans for that weekend. I'm going to check our schedules out. But if I'm free, I'll be there! If I can go I'll send you an email to get info. Thanks again, that's very nice of you to invite me on one of your trips.