Windscreen advice for an '07 DR650SE...

Good morning. I need an opinion of what brand of windscreen works best on our bikes. I've seen two versions on the net so far:

Parabellum: Nice looking unit - 10% smoked or clear - no drill mounting - $209.00

Cee Bailey: Ok looking unit - various colors - drilled mount to number plate - $85.00

Any other opinions? What's worked for you...

Thanks.

Jim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small Givi. Cost about $50 on eBay, took 1/2 hour to mount, and can dis-mount or re-mount in 1 minute. Gives good wind deflection for upper torso with only a little buffeting on the highway in traffic. In smooth air, there is no buffeting.

Good morning. I need an opinion of what brand of windscreen works best on our bikes. I've seen two versions on the net so far:

Parabellum: Nice looking unit - 10% smoked or clear - no drill mounting - $209.00

Cee Bailey: Ok looking unit - various colors - drilled mount to number plate - $85.00

Any other opinions? What's worked for you...

Thanks.

Jim

I figured the heck with it...it's only money, right?

I just ordered two Parabellums. One 25" (for me...I'm 6'3") and one 23" (for my wife...5'8"). I researched the entire DR650 thread and couldn't find a solid reason NOT to buy them. Of course I do have to buy two of everything. That kinda' sucks...but oh well.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Small Givi. Cost about $50 on eBay, took 1/2 hour to mount, and can dis-mount or re-mount in 1 minute. Gives good wind deflection for upper torso with only a little buffeting on the highway in traffic. In smooth air, there is no buffeting.

Link please? Picture? ?

Jim,

I have just finished designing a DR650 specific windscreen.

http://www.turbocity.com/product_info.php?cPath=69_78&products_id=653

Its priced middle of the road at $159.95 and works very well.

Let me know what you think. Tom

I just followed a link to your website and saw the windscreen you designed. I must say that I think it is very good! Very solid looking, like it would take a lot of abuse, and it mounts around the number plate, so no drilling or anything else required. I also like the idea of just removing the windscreen, but being able to leave the mounts permanently attached. I will be putting in an order for one of your windscreens, as soon as my bank account recovers from the last spending spree.

Jim,

Hello Tom. The windscreen looks nice. I've already ordered the Parabellums...they should be here in a few days. I'll check them out and if they don't work like they've been advertised I'll check yours out.

Nice rack selection by the way. I think I'm interested in the Borrego Rack. I think it'll work nicely for the riding we do.

I'll be in touch on the outside. Thanks for your help.

Jim

Nice work Tom!

Your DR Adventure Touring windscreen looks like exactly what I've been after: smaller than the Parabellum (which someone described as looking like a surfboard--must be from California); mounts without drilling into the headlight shroud/number plate (Cee Bailey); mounts solidly on its own supports; screen can be removed quickly and easily; mounts without handlebar clamps (taking up valuable real estate there); and slots in between the Cee Bailey and the Parabellum pricewise.

I just ordered one!

I have the Spitfire now. It is adequate for short trips and removes easily, but I've been looking for something a bit larger (more protection) and more solid.

Will report back on shipping time, fitment and performance.

Ride safely,

Phil

Jim,

Very nice job on the windshield and racks. Im looking forward to a few reviews on the windshield to see how its dealing with the wind(buffeting). If reports are good I will buy one.

566621485_e8dab6b8aa.jpg

The MRA from Twisted Throttle:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/

It works great, takes out all the wind off my chest, it attaches to the bar and most important it looks good. It is small enough to leave for trail riding. ?

It does look good. ? How does it feel at speed? Any problems with cross winds being attached to the bars?

7310-500x600.jpg

At speed is when it makes a difference as stated above, at slow speeds you don't need a screen.

Never experienced cross winds. I love my screen, one of the best additions I made, I get a lot of compliments, well the bike does ?

It does look good. ? How does it feel at speed? Any problems with cross winds being attached to the bars?

7310-500x600.jpg