Sign in to follow this  

Water with flavor no good?

I have heard from many numerous sources that part of a good health and training habit is to drink plenty of water but my question is, does this water have to be just plain water or can it have some flavor to it. I heard from one person that plain water is alot better than flavored water because it doen't have all the sugar and extra chemicals. Is this just a myth? is it harmful to drink too much flavored water? I can drink lots of water but it has to have some flavor, plain water is just not appealing to me.

If anyone knows more about this stuff I would really appreciate it if you can clarify this stuff for me.

Thanks in Advance!

I have heard from many numerous sources that part of a good health and training habit is to drink plenty of water but my question is, does this water have to be just plain water or can it have some flavor to it. I heard from one person that plain water is alot better than flavored water because it doen't have all the sugar and extra chemicals. Is this just a myth? is it harmful to drink too much flavored water? I can drink lots of water but it has to have some flavor, plain water is just not appealing to me.

If anyone knows more about this stuff I would really appreciate it if you can clarify this stuff for me.

Thanks in Advance!

Most flavored waters probably have apartame (or equlivalent) - I don't have any idea what the studies are showing regarding any long-time effects of artificial sweetners

For your daily water intake, I'd avoid any water that has sugars (in other words, look for 0 Carbs). If you can't drink plain water, then squeeze lemon into it. Not the best, but still better than nothing.

I personally drink about 100oz to a gallon of plain tap water a day. It takes some time, but you'll get used to it and won't pee as much as you might think. The health benefits are about as good as anything you can do to your body.

I usually drink propel or gatorade. I try and balance it out with regular water 50/50.

I am frankly scared about all the sugar found in soft drinks and flavored drinks, because of diabetes in my family.

But i also dont trust all the new chemicals all diet sodas, drinks, juices, flavored water use now a days.

Aspartame, Nutra Sweet, Sucralose,etc..

I remember long time ago before the industry found this cheap substitutes to sugar, and before refined sugar replaced good old healthy brown sugar or unrefined cane sugar.

Usually when i end up at a supermarket or 7-11 i end up getting plain water.

I have got a question for you guys:

Which is worst on the long run the excessive refined sugars found in today´s beverages (soft dinks, juices, flavored water, energy drinks, etc..) or the chemical sugar substitutes found in diet or "sugar-free" products?

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/

BTW besides the chemicals and sugars, your body will asimilate the water in the same way whatever the source. For ex. that means when you are eating fruit your body is getting water, the same way when you drink a coke or a beer.

The diference is that when you drink a coke or a beer you are getting other stuff besides water that make you loose even more water than the one found in them.

So drinking flavoured water will fulñfil your water needs but at the expense of harmful chemicals.