Sign in to follow this  

Wow, my new Husky is nice!!!

I can not believe I have never owned one of these in my 38 years of living. Very nice bike. I broke it in running through the gears and put 200 miles, mostly the street and some ATV trails, basically came home every night and rode it. I am very happy. It is so nice looking that I almost feel guilty that I will be hammering it in the woods. Changed the oil a few times, not too bad, first change the oil was a mess and so was the throw away filter.

A few things I do not like - bar vibration ( I can fix that, I think) owners manual (very disjointed) and that very front oil filter that you need something to reach in to grab the O ring (second change was easier).

Everything else :thumbsup: . Love the power! just when you think your out...oops there is some more. Still breaking in the suspension, but it is handling great. The height and length of the bike work very well for me (6'2, 205 soon to be 195) Bike feels very light. The plate is great. Police pulled me over (thinking it was illegal) and check my info, said " Lis, reg and ins", "nice bike", "what kind" , "never heard of them", "be safe" and off I went. Oh and the power!

Added-

Uptie -skidplate, mid pipe, carb hose filter, a JD kit, Cycra hand gaurds.

Need (maybe)- disc gaurds, bar clamp (for a 1 1/8 bar), bars ( just for higher reach) different plate mount (going to get bent sticking out sideways), maybe different blinkers (took off the ones that came, so they don't snap off)

Jon

I know exactly how you feel.....got my TE450 Wed.

My last ride was a 400 EXC..

And it will get smoother and run better the more miles you put on it. :thumbsup:

For handle bar vibration get some tygon or rubber tubing fill with silicone and plug both ends with a heavy bolt. Snake that inside your handle bar and it should help.

It just gets better!! I really enjoy mine! The power is amazing at sea level (live in S.D). I can see myself getting in trouble on the street as I just feel like racing it around, and the front tire goes up on every single gear...Just love it! I just hope my bike does not impounded by the police... On the dirt it's great! Never had any problem with it...My original plan was to sell my husky when I got the bigger BMW G650XChallenge, but now I can't. I like the beemer, but does not compare to the fun factor of the husky... Now I'm keeping both...:thumbsup:

I filled my bars with "Stuff It " expandable foam insulation. It makes a big difference.

I am planing on putting in the JD jet kit but am unsure of how much difference it will make. What should i expect from the jet kit?

I filled my bars with "Stuff It " expandable foam insulation. It makes a big difference.

I am planing on putting in the JD jet kit but am unsure of how much difference it will make. What should i expect from the jet kit?

Did you get a kit from the dealer with different jets and needles? Mine had the smog stuff removed and the right jets/needle already installed. It runs great with no bog or hesitation anywhere in the range. It does have a little popping on deceleration but I have not tried sealing up my exhaust yet.

I rode it for break in and then unstuffed. It only pops on the street if you doing a lot of quick higher revs and then chug along at a low rpm. If I drive it like I would in the dirt it does not pop. I am not sure you need the JD Kit, but I had one on the old bike and knew it worked well. Big differnece between "off the floor" and opening it up. For bar vibration I was thinking about getting a clamp with more rubber between it and the bar, going to 1 1/8 bar. Really it is just on the road that the vibrations are noticed by me. I really like this bike, it just demands to be ridden, it pulls you to go harder. Sounds corny, but it is like getting on a horse that has been in the stall for two days and just wants to let lose!

and that very front oil filter that you need something to reach in to grab the O ring (second change was easier).

There is a easy way that i "invented"...i use a bicycle standard spoke (the end with the curve) to remove that oring and screen filter (in fact i pull both at same time with the spoke), it's sooo easy, no need to aplly any force :thumbsup:

I'd love to have the $ to get a 450 SMR to go along side my TE510 and the CR125. That would be nice. My bike is plated but knobbies are a little scary on the pavement.

another easy tool to get the oil screens out is get a heavy duty paper clip, straighten it out & put a small hook on the end with needlenose pliars, worked like a charm for my :thumbsup:

P.S. congrats on the new bike & joining the Husky brotherhood

I'd love to have the $ to get a 450 SMR to go along side my TE510 and the CR125. That would be nice. My bike is plated but knobbies are a little scary on the pavement.

Not after they wear down, than you have a poor man's supermoto. :thumbsup: