Sign in to follow this  

What will you do

I love my 2007 TE450, it's a great bike. Having said that, I feel a little remorse and maybe even jealous of those that will get the EFI and all the other tweeks the 2008 model will benefit from. Here is my question. Who will end up selling their Carburated Husky just to get one with EFI? Will the Carburated market get soft because of the EFI craze? I'm keeping mine for a while because it just rips.

:thumbsup: Not another '07 vs '08, carb vs efi thread. :thumbsup:

I'm asking Coffee if he can create a "beating a dead horse" smilie.

No efi for me. I'll wait till it's sorted. If the TE's were a competition only bike I wouldn't be concerned about the efi mapping but with emission standards as they are I'll wait til someone cracks the code and get's them running full snot.

Totally agree with wet dog. Just got my 07 fixed up the way I like it, mine as well keep it for a few years. Wonder what is in store for the 09 or 2010 model?

Wonder what is in store for the 09 or 2010 model?

Horsepower, horsepower, more horsepower.

BTW I'm new on here but been lurkin for ages and will hopefully be buying an 07 runout model new in a few months after my DRZ400SM goes.

Thats right, I'm a supermoto rider/fan but whatever happens with dirt thumpers translates directly to supermoto.

So hi from me and the land downunder

Cheers

Markee:cheers:

:thumbsup: Not another '07 vs '08, carb vs efi thread. :thumbsup:

I'm asking Coffee if he can create a "beating a dead horse" smilie.

Just for you Wet Dog:thumbsup:

horse.gif

Horsepower, horsepower, more horsepower.

BTW I'm new on here but been lurkin for ages and will hopefully be buying an 07 runout model new in a few months after my DRZ400SM goes.

Thats right, I'm a supermoto rider/fan but whatever happens with dirt thumpers translates directly to supermoto.

So hi from me and the land downunder

Cheers

Markee:cheers:

Welcome Markee. I sold my DRZ as well and have not looked back. The Husky is way more fun! You won't be sorry. :thumbsup:

No efi for me. I'll wait till it's sorted. If the TE's were a competition only bike I wouldn't be concerned about the efi mapping but with emission standards as they are I'll wait til someone cracks the code and get's them running full snot.

I was starting to be all excited about the 08 and even told to some of my customers that i might sold at a very interesting price my '07 TE 510 but my head cooled down for same reasons than you...i was hopping that some one had something already for the Mikuni EFI but so far i only found several brands of EFI interceptors...not exactly what i wanted.

Then i realized that i already spend a lot of time and money tweaking my bike and it's now at 99% like i wanted...and that for 08 to use the 2nd EFI map i may need new silencers and...another racing wiring :thumbsup:

So, i decided not be too excited and in a hurry to sell my 07...if someone asks for it, i may sell it, but it will for more money.

I "still" gonna spend some more hours enjoying to ride it and tweaking it :busted::thumbsup:

I was starting to be all excited about the 08 and even told to some of my customers that i might sold at a very interesting price my '07 TE 510 but my head cooled down for same reasons than you...

I "still" gonna spend some more hours enjoying to ride it and tweaking it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good Choice!exactly_smilie.gif

Just for you Wet Dog:thumbsup:

horse.gif

thanks Dano. I'll use that over at a few other forums I visit as well. :thumbsup: