sherco 01 290 specs

contact Ryan Young- www.rypusa.com/

the Sherco is quiet robust and reliable

any bike can be abused so it's important that you look a used one over and ask questions and request proof of repairs.

the first area i'd look at would be the shock linkage

is it a novice one owner or an expert owned(abused ) bike?

the engines are Sherco

Honda has an interest in the Montesa and the engine side cove has the HRC logo though i doubt HRC are building them.

Yamaha has a hand in the Scorpa brand

GasGas are good too- they make their own engine

Honda has an interest in the Montesa and the engine side cove has the HRC logo though i doubt HRC are building them.

Yamaha has a hand in the Scorpa brand

GasGas are good too- they make their own engine

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Honda bought the Montesa Factory to bail them out of bankruptcy and as a way to get past Spanish restrictions to imported bikes. I thought they came to Spain with the engines assembled, but now that I think about it, that was just an assumption.

Yes, Sherco makes their own engine as as well as Gas Gas.

I believe Sherco was formed from some of the key people that started Gas Gas, such as Andreu Codina. Andreu was a World Champ Rider when Jordi Tarres started. I think he was on the Beta team along with Jordi. A couple years later, Gas Gas was created with Jordi as the main factory rider. Gas Gas was a very small but progressive company. Now that they are big and more of a big business, I can see where some of the creative people that started Gas Gas might feel the need to break away and do it all over again.

Some of this is fact and some of it is just the way I understand it.?