Back Brakes!!!!

:bonk:?:busted:

I just finished replacing all the seals in my master cylinder for the back break, least week i replaced all the seals for the pison in the caliper.

I try to bleed the brakes and there is no fluid reaching the bleeder...i dissconnected the cylinder end of the hose, put some compressed air through and it came out the bleeder.

My pedal has absolutley no resistance. ?

Im completely out of ideas. What else could be the problem

?

I havent been riding in a month and a half either ?

Does anyone have ANY ideas :cheers:

try filling the m/c up with brake fluid disconnect the brake line pump the brake pedldle dose fluid come out? if it dose connect the line then check at the caliper for fluid. or loosen the bleeder and it should run out by it self.after a little while

I had the brake line disconnected and fluid in the m/c and when i pump the pedeal nothing happens. So i put a little fluid in the area were the fluid goes into the line and then when i press the pedeal the fluid will come out.

Its like someting is clogged or jammed, but i took everything apart and cleaned it ?

Disconnect the line at the caliper and put air in there. Does it come out the resevoir? Yes or no.

If yes, this verifies proper adjustment of the linkage to the pedal. if not adjust the linkage until it does. Make sure the return spring on the pedal is pulling the pedal up all the way.

If adjusted properly, fill the resevoir and find a way to put a little pressure on it to force fluid into the system. Then loop the brake hose back into the resevoir and pump it untill no more bubbles. Then hook it up and bleed the caliper.

• Like 1

Disconnect the line at the caliper and put air in there. Does it come out the resevoir? Yes or no.

If yes, this verifies proper adjustment of the linkage to the pedal. if not adjust the linkage until it does. Make sure the return spring on the pedal is pulling the pedal up all the way.

If adjusted properly, fill the resevoir and find a way to put a little pressure on it to force fluid into the system. Then loop the brake hose back into the resevoir and pump it untill no more bubbles. Then hook it up and bleed the caliper.

Thanks, ill try that...i never thought it might be a linkage problem.

Another thing should be mentioned. I assumed you are bleeding it right but maybe not. You are pushing the pedal down, then opening the bleeder, then closing the bleeder, THEN letting the pedal up, right? Not just pumping the pedal with the bleeder open?

Another trick to get things going is to disconnect the line from the caliper, put a tight fittin piece of clear tubing on the line and suck on it till you see fluid in the line. Sometimes it's hard to get the initial prime on the master and this might do it. It's the same idea as pressurizing the resevoir.

Another thing should be mentioned. I assumed you are bleeding it right but maybe not. You are pushing the pedal down, then opening the bleeder, then closing the bleeder, THEN letting the pedal up, right? Not just pumping the pedal with the bleeder open?

Another trick to get things going is to disconnect the line from the caliper, put a tight fittin piece of clear tubing on the line and suck on it till you see fluid in the line. Sometimes it's hard to get the initial prime on the master and this might do it. It's the same idea as pressurizing the resevoir.

Yeah I am bleeding it right....I now have a little bit of fluid coming out of the bleeder. It just doesnt seem to have enough pressure to make the pads move when i close the bleeder.

I did my first ever brake bleed yesterday and had a lot of trouble with the front. Eventually I cut up a piece of electric cable to use as a tube, and ran that into a small jar of brake fluid.

Maybe you have a different problem, but that did the trick for me.

Well i just finished working on it some more and it went from having a little bit squirt out...to now none coming out.

Ive tried everything...i also just replaced the little washers for the screw on the front and back of both lines because i thought i might be losing pressure becasue it wasnt sealing but that dident do anything.

So after a new caliper piston ring set, a new cylinder ring set, new washers, and new crush washers...it still hasnt helped. ?

Looks like ill be brining it to the dealer monday...i HATE bringing my bikes to the delaers..but i missed 6 rides so far because of this and i dont want to miss anymore. ?

It's hard to help you when all you say is a got a little squirt then nothing. If you were loosing pressure somewhere you would see or hear the leak. It has to go somewhere.

The master has a small piston and will take a while to fill the caliper even if it is pumping.

Did you try bleeding just the master in one of the several ways suggested?

Here's another way: disconnect the line at the caliper. Hold your thumb over it, push down the pedal and let any pressure release, hold it tight with your thumb and release the pedal, repeat. You can do this over and over really fast. Eventually you won't be able to hold back the pressure with your thumb.

It's hard to help you when all you say is a got a little squirt then nothing. If you were loosing pressure somewhere you would see or hear the leak. It has to go somewhere.

The master has a small piston and will take a while to fill the caliper even if it is pumping.

Did you try bleeding just the master in one of the several ways suggested?

Here's another way: disconnect the line at the caliper. Hold your thumb over it, push down the pedal and let any pressure release, hold it tight with your thumb and release the pedal, repeat. You can do this over and over really fast. Eventually you won't be able to hold back the pressure with your thumb.

I have taken the brake line completely off...submerged it in water and blew air through it and there wer no bubbles..i also sprayd the master cylinder with some soapy water and there were no bubbles..I made sure that the sight glass was not crackes as well.

I then put some fluid in the place wree the line connects to the master cylinder...that worked to to prime the line...i was getting steady squirting, but then when the fluid that was in the line ran out, it went back to squirting air.

I have bled the master in the ways that were suggested.

I have also used a vacum to try to get the line primed. I made sure it was a tight fit and it did actually suck fluid into the line, the problem seems to be that once the fluid in the line is bled no more fluid from the resivoir will fill it back up.

I also tried priming the line and closing the bleeder and the piston in the rear caliper is not moving. I know that it is not seized because i just changed the gaskets and it slides back and forth easily.

Ive disconnected the line at the rear caliper and blew compressed air in as you suggested, fluid did come from the master cylinder and i did adjust the linkage and no matter were it was it dident seem to affect anything. The return spring is pulling the pedeal all the way up as well.

When i disconnect the line at the caliper and put my thumb over it, there is a minimal amount of pressure that builds up.

There may be some suggestions on here that i failed to mention my results after trying them...but i have tried every suggestion on this thread.

So far i have had 3 people look at it and try to help me out, but none of them could figure out the problem because all the seals are new, there is no leaks and everything has been taken and re-assembled exactly as the manuel instructs.

Im not sure what else the dealer could do to test it..but there must be something ?

sorry for the long post but i have explained everything ive done so far and the outcome.

I then put some fluid in the place wree the line connects to the master cylinder...that worked to to prime the line...i was getting steady squirting, but then when the fluid that was in the line ran out, it went back to squirting air.

I have also used a vacum to try to get the line primed. I made sure it was a tight fit and it did actually suck fluid into the line, the problem seems to be that once the fluid in the line is bled no more fluid from the resivoir will fill it back up.

sorry for the long post but i have explained everything ive done so far and the outcome.

Ok, to see if the resevoir is feeding the the master, connect it up to the master and suck on the line to the caliper. Does the level in the resevoir drop? You should be able to draw all the fluid from the resevoir like this.

No problem with the long posts. That's what we need to figure this out.