Sign in to follow this  

Got a 2004 TE250...need a kickstand.

I just picked up a smokin deal on an '04 Husky! Pretty well taken care of but needs a few things...

Like to find a used kickstand, it had none on it. A new one is like $119 for all the parts. I need everything including the bracket.

Does not appear to have any of the free mods or JD kit done. So I'll get on that right away. If it turns out I can get this thing licensed I may go ahead and pop for a 310 kit.

Any other suggestions or service recommendation are greatly appreciated.

Scott

If you are going to spend that kind of money, look for one made by Pro Motto Billet. The KTM model supposedly bolts right up to our bikes. Much nicer kickstand.:thumbsup:

Ya, I saw those and thought the same thing...IF I were going to spend that kind of money! :thumbsup:

I'll probably hold out for a used one or fab one up. I have an '05 KTM 250exc and the kickstands are completely different as to how they mount, but I'll pull it off and see what I can come up with. Thanks.

If you are going to spend that kind of money, look for one made by Pro Motto Billet. The KTM model supposedly bolts right up to our bikes. Much nicer kickstand.:thumbsup:

Does the Pro Moto one mount in the stock bracket and fold up the same way? I didn't think it did. I have yet to see a better engineered stand than stock as far as how it folds up out of the way.

Scott, did you buy Kevin Es. bike, that looked like a heck of a deal I almost bought it but have too many bikes right now.

I did indeed! Super nice guy. And a good deal on the bike and extras.

I spent the weekend sorting out the pumper carb. But in the end I got it running really good. That acclerator pump was a mess. Looked like maybe the bike had sat for a quite a while. The carb was pretty laquered over in the bowl and the pilot jet was almost completely clogged shut. But it ran.

I'm going to pull the kickstand off my '05 KTM and see if I can come up with a plan to use one of those. All I have to work with are the two mounting tabs on the frame...no bracket or anything.

Scott

I did indeed! Super nice guy. And a good deal on the bike and extras.

I spent the weekend sorting out the pumper carb. But in the end I got it running really good. That acclerator pump was a mess. Looked like maybe the bike had sat for a quite a while. The carb was pretty laquered over in the bowl and the pilot jet was almost completely clogged shut. But it ran.

I'm going to pull the kickstand off my '05 KTM and see if I can come up with a plan to use one of those. All I have to work with are the two mounting tabs on the frame...no bracket or anything.

Scott