Coolant

What Type And Brand Anti Freeze Should I Use On My Crf250x

Distilled water works ok. Distilled water and water wetter works better.

I use the Honda pre-mixed coolant..

I used a product called "Engine Ice" in my 2001 CR250R, with good results. I'm waiting until I need to flush my 250X to put it in. It's a good product, but little pricey if I remember correctly

ZIP-TY racing Xf waterless coolant.....work great!!! NEVER use water(especially tap wtaer) cause it will rust parts in ur engine and ruin seals!!

NEVER use water(especially tap wtaer) cause it will rust parts in ur engine and ruin seals!!

Tap water, maybe not as good as distilled water. But it will not wreck your engine, rust bearings, or ruin seals. That simply is not true.

Tap water, maybe not as good as distilled water. But it will not wreck your engine, rust bearings, or ruin seals. That simply is not true.

yea but the minerals n chemicals that the water has been through can detereirate parts, and if u look in owners manuals it says not to use it under any circumstances. why would they lie to you?

yea but the minerals n chemicals that the water has been through can detereirate parts, and if u look in owners manuals it says not to use it under any circumstances. why would they lie to you?

Maybe to sell their product? :thumbsup: The manual also says to change your piston every 15 hours remember...

But for the price of pre mixed coolant there is no point in risking it... The quality of water obviously depends on where you live.. that is why they suggest de ionized water...

Thats why you use distilled, deionized water that hasn't been through chemical treatments to make it drinkable. Its 1.25$ at your grocery store, and when combined with three capfuls of water-wetter, works great, and will not harm/rust/ruin seals or anything.

You are correct, improperly treated water in the right conditions can cause problems, over time. However, running "Engine Ice" to keep your motor cool rather than simply re-jetting it will cause just as many problems. :thumbsup:

Distilled water works ok. Distilled water and water wetter works better.

Water alone, even pure water, is corrosive to metals. That's why commercial coolants contain corrosion inhibitors and they also tend to lubricate pump seals. If you use water, you're also gonna have the issue of changing it out in cold weather to prevent freeze damage. I use one of the propylene glycol coolants (Liquid Performance) and it seems to work well. I've never had an issue boiling the coolant even under extreme racing conditions.

Ditto. Straight water won't lube the water pump seal, will eventually cause corrosion issues (less with cleaned and treated water). Wetter, Ice and etc. don't have lubricants or offer corrosion protection either. I run 30/70% antifreeze/water, no overheating issues ever. Important to note that straight water does have better heat transfer than antifreeze. I might run straight water if racing and store the bike with antifreeze.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

For Water Wetter and distilled water.

My second choice is Engine Ice.

How Do U Go About Flushing The Radiator

For flushing, I use a product made by Prestone. I think it's called "Super Flush". You can find it at any Auto Parts store. Drain your coolant. Fill your system up with the flsuh and water. Run it to temperature. Drain that. Fill it with water. Run the motor for 5 minutes. Fill with new coolant or additive you prefer. Hope that helps.