2000 rm250 flywheel weight

i do a lot of trail riding with my gf (drz125l) and want it to be easy to keep my bike slow when i want it to be. my question is how big of a flywheel weight can i put on and how hard is it to do this. i'm not concerned about losing a little bit of the punch cause they have enough either way... thanks

Well if you are just going slow and need to put. I would gear down. The FWW can only do so much. :thumbsup: It can and will on ocassion stall even with the FWW.

I would gear down (1 less on the countershaft sprocket)

not to be rude, but obviously i'm gearing down, i just saying some of these roads turn into pretty technical trails 15-20 miles in....the removing of a tooth sounds like a bit of an idea though

not to be rude, but obviously i'm gearing down, i just saying some of these roads turn into pretty technical trails 15-20 miles in....the removing of a tooth sounds like a bit of an idea though
That is cool, but the FWW will not save you from an imminent stall. Or mellow the power hit so much it turns into a KDX200 (which have nice trail bike power btw)

For slow going/techical stuff, gearing down would be the most beneficial and allow you to chug down farther. I would see how the sproket change works first, then if you think you really need a FWW then go out and buy one. If you are looking for a big diff, get the biggest one you can.

Then enjoy your trail time with the GF :thumbsup:

It actually was not at all obvious that you were planning on gearing down, but it's good that you are since your goal is to be able to go slower. Gearing will be your primary means of this...and like Rhino says, the FWW will mostly just smooth the hit and snap of the bike and will help prevent stalling to a lesser extent. I have a +10oz FWW on my '03 and the biggest benefit it provides is smoothing the power which allows for better traction in technical areas.

If you really want to be able to ride technical stuff all day without stalling or getting arm pump from constant clutching then install a Rekluse clutch...they are the s**t.

you guys have given me a few ideas, thanks....