Sign in to follow this  

Anyone used a Decibel Dawg?

I looked at those before purchasing my Pro Moto Billet endcaps. I went with the caps becuse they redirect the exhaust flow rather than restricting it alone. They were much more expensive than the DB Dawgs though. http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/10/products_id/32 If you get the PMB's you will also need to get the inserts to quiet it down.

I looked at those before purchasing my Pro Moto Billet endcaps. I went with the caps becuse they redirect the exhaust flow rather than restricting it alone. They were much more expensive than the DB Dawgs though. http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/10/products_id/32 If you get the PMB's you will also need to get the inserts to quiet it down.

That looks nice, but it won't work on my PC Ti-4 pipe. If I read it right, they are only for the stock system. Plus I don't want to spend any more on my exhaust than I have to. Thanks though!

i have the db dawg on my stock 07 crf... it sounds pretty much stock but the sound doesnt travel as far, i recommend it though

i have the db dawg on my stock 07 crf... it sounds pretty much stock but the sound doesnt travel as far, i recommend it though

Really, it sounds the same up close? I'm not sure that's for me then. I was under the impression that it actually silenced the exhaust coming out of the pipe.

Really, it sounds the same up close? I'm not sure that's for me then. I was under the impression that it actually silenced the exhaust coming out of the pipe.

yea same here

u guys should realize that when that sound test its at very low rpm... so when you hear that such and such a pipe makes it this much quiter.. when u are wfo its realyalmost the same, my fmf Q2 maybe 96db at test rpm but at wide open it tests nearly the same as my factory 4.1

I don't know that much about the db Dawg, but I emailed one of their reps. and received the following information:

1) db Dawg provides a six to ten decibel drop at the muffler and this has been substantiated via SAE sound tests.

2) Key element in maximize db Dawg effectiveness is health of packing material. If you don’t have any packing the db Dawg barely works.

3) The unique thing about db Dawg is it provides sound reduction across the RPM range where other products allow you to pass sound but don’t provide reduction at the higher RPM range

4) db Dawg has a money back guarantee.

I am going to look into it more, as I may be interested in getting one for my CRF250.

I don't know that much about the db Dawg, but I emailed one of their reps. and received the following information:

1) db Dawg provides a six to ten decibel drop at the muffler and this has been substantiated via SAE sound tests.

2) Key element in maximize db Dawg effectiveness is health of packing material. If you don’t have any packing the db Dawg barely works.

3) The unique thing about db Dawg is it provides sound reduction across the RPM range where other products allow you to pass sound but don’t provide reduction at the higher RPM range

4) db Dawg has a money back guarantee.

I am going to look into it more, as I may be interested in getting one for my CRF250.

Cool, that might explain why it didn't work for some guys. Maybe their packing was to soiled............I'm going to try it out. :thumbsup:

I haven't tried them. I'm just now wanting to quiet my bike down and the Decibel Dawg was the cheapest way that I've seen. I'm going to try it out since it's not that expensive. I'll look more into the quiet inserts as well. :thumbsup:

I have one in my 450 and it is considerably quieter and very little power loss. I'd recommend one to anyone.

I have one on my wr426 and it has made a noticeable differance in the sound. I have an arrow can and just repacked it, it made a good differance, have never been soundtested my a db meter, but the scrutinay officer at my enduro said it was too lound so i purchased the db dawg and it passed the sound test at the next race. The only minor thing is thaey come anoodized and with the heat of the exhaust it turns them brownish gold, no big deal. they are simple to install and require no mods to the can itself. i had to slightly mod the db dawg by cutting one corner off it because of the internal angle of the arrow can.