Sign in to follow this  

Cleghorn Parking

Went to Cleghorn exit off the 15 n/b today, 7-8 "No Parking anytime" signs. Do we park on the otherside of the fwy now. Any ideas whats going on?

Went to Cleghorn exit off the 15 n/b today, 7-8 "No Parking anytime" signs. Do we park on the otherside of the fwy now. Any ideas whats going on?

Thats news to me. Was the gate open?

yes, it was open, but the parking area south of the gate has dirt berms w/ signs.

i wont park there ever again. last time i parked there some a-hole broke out my rear window and stole all my extra riding gear as well as my sons gear and the new i-pod he got for his birthday. too easy to get on and off the fwy quick

That sucks about the break in.:thumbsup:

I guess you have to drive up the road and stage up further.

Another option would be the access from the 138.

Forgot to mention I had a gas can stolen out of the back of my truck at Silverwood dam.

:thumbsup: That really sucks guys. I think if you do Cleg you might as well go to Baldy and stage there. You can take the RR access road at the drop pots over to Cleghorn staging area off the 138 and then do both rides:applause: I have done this before also. Makes for a good day of riding, all you need to do is cross the RR and the 138 at the enterance to the staging spot. I was there on the 4th and they had placed Rock next to the gate so you couldn't park there. I didn't see NPS at the Frwy. undercrossing. That sucks if they did that Dam PECKER WOODS:thumbsdn:

:thumbsup: That really sucks guys. I think if you do Cleg you might as well go to Baldy and stage there. You can take the RR access road at the drop pots over to Cleghorn staging area off the 138 and then do both rides:applause: I have done this before also. Makes for a good day of riding, all you need to do is cross the RR and the 138 at the enterance to the staging spot. I was there on the 4th and they had placed Rock next to the gate so you couldn't park there. I didn't see NPS at the Frwy. undercrossing. That sucks if they did that Dam PECKER WOODS:thumbsdn:

I'm confused. How exactly do you get from the Baldy staging area (under RR tracks I presume) over to the Cleghorn exit off I-15? Do you approach Cleghorn from the east or west side of I-15? I'm plated, but don't want to ride on I-15.

Thanks

R

I'm confused. How exactly do you get from the Baldy staging area (under RR tracks I presume) over to the Cleghorn exit off I-15? Do you approach Cleghorn from the east or west side of I-15? I'm plated, but don't want to ride on I-15.

Thanks

R

Rob,

You can also access Cleghorn off 138. Not far at all from the 15.

By the way, I'm working weekends till the weekend after labor day so I'll do any riding, weather permitting, on Wed, Thurs.,Fri. If you're interested in any weekday rides I'll give you a shout.

Glenn

• Like 1

Rob,

When you stage at the second RR bridge @ Baldy Mesa, by the stinky drop pots (toylets), Go east along that RR track, @ about 2 or 3 miles you will be able to cross both sets of tracks to the south and then the 138 to the staging area for Cleghorn FR. I am not sure if the miles are right but there abouts + or -.

Rob,

By the way, I'm working weekends till the weekend after labor day so I'll do any riding, weather permitting, on Wed, Thurs.,Fri. If you're interested in any weekday rides I'll give you a shout.

Glenn

I'm also up for some weekdays. Give me a shout as well, if you want.

I'm also up for some weekdays. Give me a shout as well, if you want.

I'll do that. You know me, I'm lookin for those T.storms so expect short notice on a ride day. Everywhere is so freakin dry, really tired of it. Went out for a quickie dawn patrol ride this morning at 5:45, pretty cloudy to the east at that time and I could even smell a little rain but nothing happened. By seven am it was gettin pretty warm and the clouds were gone when I pulled in the driveway. It's over 100 degrees right now (4:30PM) in the shade in my backyard. Oh well, hadn't ridden for 4-5 weeks, there was no dust since it was just me and I needed to get some time on my new motor since I got my bike back yesterday.

Glenn,

I'm up at Big Bear for the week, came up this afternoon, and was expecting to see some rain up here, but no. I'm cutting firewood all week in Holcolm Valley and will let yo know if there is any moisture up here.

Glenn,

I'm up at Big Bear for the week, came up this afternoon, and was expecting to see some rain up here, but no. I'm cutting firewood all week in Holcolm Valley and will let yo know if there is any moisture up here.

Yeah, let me know. I can easily see the desert side of SB mountains from my house but it can sometimes be deceiving. What we need is a good good Mexico tropical storm/hurricane to send some rain this way. And some good surf too!

I rode Stoddard last week the two evenings that it was under 100. Rode the Lost Coyote's course both times. It's a pretty fun course. 20 miles all between Barstow College and hills between Outlet Center and Slash X. There's a really nasty downhill wash that most of the racers went around. boulders all the way down to the main wash, a lot like some of the stuff in JF.

I rode Stoddard last week the two evenings that it was under 100. Rode the Lost Coyote's course both times. It's a pretty fun course. 20 miles all between Barstow College and hills between Outlet Center and Slash X. There's a really nasty downhill wash that most of the racers went around. boulders all the way down to the main wash, a lot like some of the stuff in JF.

You must live on the south side of Barstow? I'm in Apple Valley.

I'm down by the river in AV. I rode with you with the idiots from Norcal.

Doh! Hey Mike how's it going? You're going all the way to Barstow for an evening ride? You can do a pretty good evening loop close to home by staging at the old Peggy Sues (it's a taco joint now) on stoddard wells road. A ride out toward Silverlakes and back is a good quickie evening ride.

Glenn

Rob,

Glenn

Rob,

When you stage at the second RR bridge @ Baldy Mesa, by the stinky drop pots (toylets), Go east along that RR track, @ about 2 or 3 miles you will be able to cross both sets of tracks to the south and then the 138 to the staging area for Cleghorn FR. I am not sure if the miles are right but there abouts + or -.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I know where the road crosses 138, but didn't realize it connects thru to Cleghorn. Good to know.

Glenn,

Pls keep me in mind for future rides. Midweek sometimes works if I get lucky and can clear out my schedule. Hope your motor is back together and running strong.

R

I'll do that. You know me, I'm lookin for those T.storms so expect short notice on a ride day. Everywhere is so freakin dry, really tired of it. Went out for a quickie dawn patrol ride this morning at 5:45, pretty cloudy to the east at that time and I could even smell a little rain but nothing happened. By seven am it was gettin pretty warm and the clouds were gone when I pulled in the driveway. It's over 100 degrees right now (4:30PM) in the shade in my backyard. Oh well, hadn't ridden for 4-5 weeks, there was no dust since it was just me and I needed to get some time on my new motor since I got my bike back yesterday.

Glad your back, and up and running!

How was Italy?