Sign in to follow this  

Would an 05 450R rear subframe/airbox/sidepanels bolt to the 04 450R?

I like the look of the 2005 450R. I already run the 05 airboot mod on my 04 450R and wondered if anyone had done it or tried to do it?

I know it involves a lot of work but I think it might just work.

I like the look of the 2005 450R. I already run the 05 airboot mod on my 04 450R and wondered if anyone had done it or tried to do it?

airboot is good to go and recommended for an 04-02 bikes.......05 boot was around 35 bucks new when i got it ......noticed a improvement also on my 03.......u can tell by just looking at the two that it's better....much smoother......but i will tell you this and that's that the honda glue used to adhere the box to the boot you are ytaking off is some nasty shyte......get a serious chemical for taking off the glue...i used goo-off and lots of it.....when u have the mating surface all cleaned up ......get some high strenghth marine sealant and apply a generous amount and get the boot on there as fast as you can.....good luck it's easy but sucks at the same time.....also very time consuming....over 2 hrs it took me:thumbsup:

oh.........and none of the other stuff will work

oh.........and none of the other stuff will work

why?

have you tried bolting a 05 subframe to an 04 mainframe?