Sign in to follow this  

problem need to know ASAP

Well i just realized that my trans oil fill plug was out when i washed my bike now i never really sprayed the engine much but some water might have gone in. Now my bike already left to a race 4 hours away. Will I be able to ride the bike for practice and two 14 min motos or will my bike totally screw up. Need help ASAP thanks.

your engine oil and trans oil are separate on this nice little bike so you will only ruin the tranny. I would drain it and refill it cold straight away before anything else. Then start the bike and let it run for about 20 seconds then I would let it sit for a few minutes. That will wash all the water off the inside and it will settle to the bottom. Then drain it and fill it. God sakes don't just ride it with water in the tranny. Your clutch probably won't work right.

I had just filled the tranny there is 800ml of oil in there but i forgot to put the plug in and went and washed my bike:bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

your engine oil and trans oil are separate on this nice little bike so you will only ruin the tranny. I would drain it and refill it cold straight away before anything else. Then start the bike and let it run for about 20 seconds then I would let it sit for a few minutes. That will wash all the water off the inside and it will settle to the bottom. Then drain it and fill it. God sakes don't just ride it with water in the tranny. Your clutch probably won't work right.

Read and do as he said!

Drain, refill, run practice, drain, race. No worries. Had our CRF250x completely submerged during a race this year and after several engine and tranny changes, everything is good. You were using clean water when washing so the total amount of contaminants was minimal. The clutch will be fine. If you are really nervous, change it again between motos.

I would drain it before you ride it, and then fill it up again

there you go, haha

A lot of times when you get water in your motor the end result doesn't happen over night but over time.

In your case of getting a little water in the transmission while washing the bike, I wouldn't worry too much. Just drain it and refill it and my guess is you'll be fine.

yeah just drain and refill just pray you didn't spray much dirt down in the tranny hole while washing the bike.

just put oil in it and drain it and you should be find, on my kx100 i had water in the case for god knows how long and ran the piss out of it and didnt even know it till i changed it and nothing ever happend and it still runs to this day