Sign in to follow this  

Crf150R or 250F

Guys i was wondering if i sould get a Crf150R expert or a 250F.

Im 14 and i have a 230 (re jetted, Rev box...) and i used to race. At the moment im riding dads CRf450x because the 230 isnt fast enough. Would it be worth getting a 150R? is it that much faster than a 230? What do you think?

Guys i was wondering if i sould get a Crf150R expert or a 250F.

Im 14 and i have a 230 (re jetted, Rev box...) and i used to race. At the moment im riding dads CRf450x because the 230 isnt fast enough. Would it be worth getting a 150R? is it that much faster than a 230? What do you think?

I would think the 150R would be a waste of money if you can already handle the 450. You'll grow into the 250.

originally posted by Dukie

I would think the 150R would be a waste of money if you can already handle the 450. You'll grow into the 250.

I can handle the 450 well nearly as good as Dad but, hitting any jump of a reasonable size is a bit hairly unlike on the 230. its just to big!! And wouldn't the seat height of the 150R be about the same as a 230?

i say get a 250f, but make sure you have your checkbook ready:busted:

seriously, if you can handle a 450 you would become bored with the power of a 150r.(so go with a 250f or 250x)

i had nearly the same dilemma, and i chose a 250f... GREAT DECISION! you'll love the power and flickability of the bike

How big are you. I would think that if you can actually ride a 450 on the track then a 150 is way to small for you. You are probalby just uncomfortable with the size of a 450 because it is so difference than what you are used to. For what it is worth, I thought the CRF250 felt a tad smaller than the 450.