another 1 of those what should i do topics

ok so i loved my 2006 yz250f, but i sold it because it didnt have enough power, and i sold it and bought a 2003 yz450f, but i recentley ran across a 2006 yz450f that is all modded out, i know for a fact it was taken care of and only riden for 10-15 hrs, but the problem is i just spent 700 on new parts and suspension revalve for the 03, i can most likely get 3500 for the 03 and then the 06 is 5500 firm, so ive got 2 grand ive got to come up with, i have a riding barstool that i can sell for about 500, and that leaves me with 1500 still to come up with, i could sell my ford ranger for 9500 or so, but then i would could buy a little older of 1 for 6500, and that would give me money to buy the bike, but im not sure if i want to sell all that stuff just for a bike..... but then again this bike will last me untill i graduate from highschool in 2 years and it is a very nice bike, and i loved the way my 2006 yz250f handled.... help me:bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

buy it!!! the 06 is a really nice bike. my buddy just got one, get it get it get it.

Do you have a license? If not get rid of the truck and your 250f then buy the bike and save up the other money and get a good newer truck.

think this out wisely, im 16 also, but at our age we gotta take a step back and look at the whole picture,

IMO, i would keep the current bike you have, Wait till you graduate highschool and then if you can still ride during collage, you'll more than likely made enuf money thru HS to buy a newer bike, but i personally wouldn't go selling everything i have for a newer bike,

well i am 16 i have my liscence and i owe my parents money for my truck anyway, so im wanting to sell it and get a cheaper 1 cuz i want to pay them off, and since ill have a cheaper truck, with less miles, and more things like power windows and such, i can take that to college along with the 2006 bike, and im not planning on selling the 2006 when i graduate hs, im planning on keeping it a while, but anyways i think im going to sell my stuff and buy the 2006, im in love with the bike, i just have to make sure no1 else is interested in it, before i decide to sell the my stuff

but keep the opinions coming!!!

think this out wisely, im 16 also, but at our age we gotta take a step back and look at the whole picture,

IMO, i would keep the current bike you have, Wait till you graduate highschool and then if you can still ride during collage, you'll more than likely made enuf money thru HS to buy a newer bike, but i personally wouldn't go selling everything i have for a newer bike,

I agree. First of all, you may not get your asking price for the '03 or the truck. Secondly, what if you sell the bike but no one wants to buy the truck? Then you're back where you started from or worse and, regardless, you're not going to recoup the $700 you've put in to the '03.

My advice, if for some reason that '03 is holding you back, do what you feel you have to do. Since I assume you're not able to ride it to it's fullest potential, you've got the suspension, etc, dialed and, therefore, don't NEED the '06, my advice is to flog the '03 and upgrade at a time when you don't have to sell the farm to do it.

Best of luck though with whatever you decide. :thumbsup:

Lets see you had a 06 yz250f and a ford ranger and your still in high school -

you should have been happy with what you had.

i bought the 06 used last september for 3800, i bought the ranger for 9500... ive always boughten my own stuff cash in hand (my cash) except for the ranger, but im paying all of the remaining 2,500 off

and yes you may think i should be happy, but i really want that 450, and that 450 i would probably keep for the rest of my life, just beacuse it is so nice

Sounds like you already made your mind up...buy it...I can give you a few bucks, Ive got some yard work you can do and maybe wax the boat. Are you any good at painting...???

This is true....But wanting stuff will motivate you to work hard...You can have nice stuff your whole life with a strong work ethic and determination...Go drum up some work, get paid, get yer bike.:thumbsup:

The problem with getting a new bike is --

YOU HAVE NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

Keep the old one.

well i get paid 200 a week for working, but i dont know if its worth it to take the time to sell the stuff when i could be riding, but that new bike is sick.... im gonna go check out the bike this week again, and if no1 else is interested in it at all, and if he'll let me put a deposit down, then im gonna buy it... when i go to check it out again, ill take a camera and snap some shots to show you how its worth it to buy it, cuz its so nice