Sign in to follow this  

Oil Change on 2007 RMZ ????

I was changing my oil for the first time today and i cant get a socket wrench on that side 12mm bolt the frame is in the way i tried with a regular wrench but it was just stripping it what are you guys using to get it off. Also the top Allen bolt on the side over that the manual tells u to take out when changing the oil when I took it off no oil came out?

take the drain plug out and on the shifter side of the bike is a 5mm allen key by the frame...use a ball end allen key to remove......the 12mm bolt is the oil strainer and u dont need to remove it every oil change.....

just use a 12mm box end and you should have no problems. The frame is too close to use a socket.

I was changing my oil for the first time today and i cant get a socket wrench on that side 12mm bolt the frame is in the way i tried with a regular wrench but it was just stripping it what are you guys using to get it off. Also the top Allen bolt on the side over that the manual tells u to take out when changing the oil when I took it off no oil came out?

I think that large allen plug in the riming cover that they tell you to remove is just to vent the crankcase to ensure all of the oil comes out; you wouldn't normally have any oil coming out of that hole.