Sign in to follow this  

rubicon directions?

For my Rubicon trip this weekend, I found these directions. Can someone verify these for me. We will be coming for Tahoe Keys area. Thanks, Jason

Coming from Tahoe: you can park at the Staging Area (Homewood), where the trail begins, in a dirt, fairly large pull-out/parking area. Follow the signs to the Rubicon Trail OHV Access Route off the main highway that runs along the west side of Lake Tahoe in the Homewood area.

It's approximately 15 miles from the 50/89 intersection to the last gas stop before Homewood. At 15.6 miles from that intersection you'll see the Rubicon/McKinney Road OHV Access sign. Follow the Rubicon Trail signs but you have to wind your way through the Homewood subdivision.

0.2 mile you turn left on Bellueue; then 0.1 mile to stop sign where you turn right on McKinney. Stay straight then left on McKinney/Rubicon -- stay straight you are on the trail access paved portion of the road. It's about 1.4 miles to the end of the pavement and the Staging Area. From there it's about 2.8 (slow) miles to the Barker Pass Road intersection with McKinney Road and the Rubicon Trail. There are signs here also.

Once on the main trail, watch for the Rubicon Trail Signs and please stay on the trail

Bit of advise, save your energy while you ride the easy sections you'll need it for the tough sections.Yes there are some tough sections, nothing you cant do, it just kicks your ass.Have fun good luck.

So I'm actually going to Homewood ski resort? And then looking for the sign? Thanks, Jason

If you get to the Homewood ski area you have gone to far. Turn left off 89 onto McKinney Rubicon.

ditto.. those are correct.. and be sure to follow the "Rubicon Trail" signs..

DSC01164.jpg

Bruce