Get ready to laugh at me.....or yell

Ok, so I might get ALOT of grief over this, but I decided to change something on my bike. I think it made a big improvement, if not looks, at least in how it rides. I ONLY use my bike on the street for carving corners and riding mountain roads so I like the position better. Tell me if what you think, even if you think it is stupid.

(Oh, but I also made a little bar bag thing. The trunk bag, with the plastic insert removed, has bolt holes same as the stock computer mount, so cause I am using a vapor, I mounted it there, behind the headlight, but infront of the computer, it works real good)

-Josh

drops.jpg

drops2.jpg

good for you- think outside the box! how about more pictures w/rider. are you gonna rear set the pegs?

Yes, please, pictures of the rider in that position. I have to see what that looks like. It must look like the rider is reaching down to grab his ankles.

Well now, it IS different.

Let us know how you like it after a couple of long rides.

I also would like to see some picks w/rider in action.

If it works GO WITH IT I SAY......Hey where ya get the gas cap and is it lighter than the stocker..

I think that is the stock CA cap. The CA bikes use a different tank for the emissions.

Excellent!!

Keeping low on the DRZ REALLY helps when going fast. Maybe if you add a little windshield as well, you'll have no problems at all with wind. I know that when I'm on the highway ducked down behind my windshield, things get much smoother and you can really zip along.

It would be interesting to make a way to switch bar position for riding around for fun on twisties in the upright and then (flick) down low for the highway... all while riding; controls and such would have to stay on position. Yeah you can just duck but it's not as comfortable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...................................................................................................takes a big breath......................................................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:applause:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...................................................................................................takes a big breath......................................................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

?

Ok, so I might get ALOT of grief over this, but I decided to change something on my bike. I think it made a big improvement, if not looks, at least in how it rides. I ONLY use my bike on the street for carving corners and riding mountain roads so I like the position better. Tell me if what you think, even if you think it is stupid.

(Oh, but I also made a little bar bag thing. The trunk bag, with the plastic insert removed, has bolt holes same as the stock computer mount, so cause I am using a vapor, I mounted it there, behind the headlight, but infront of the computer, it works real good)

-Josh

Hey Josh,?

I think what you did is freaking cool, man! ?

They're like flattracker bars... :busted:

It's good to try things out to see for yourself how they work. ?

And if you get tired of them that way, you can always just flip them back up again... no harm done.

Hey, if you think you're going to get ridiculed... just wait... two days ago, I ordered a set of clip on handlebars for my SM! :bonk:

When I lowered the rear of the chassis, I also pulled up the fork tubes to lower the front. This exposed the tops of the fork tubes... perfect for clip on's...

drz400021.jpg

54mm is the biggest size they make...they're made to fit a Buell. The DRZ's fork tubes are 55mm, so I'm going to see if I can get them machined 1 mm. I'll post pics of how things work out.

If they do work out... It'll mean taking a ton of weight off the bike. :cheers:

Take Care,

Greg

taht is cool, kinda like clip on's almost, i saw a guy who put sportbike forks and triple clamps on a xr650 supermoto, he left the clip on's on for a while but then he got sick of them and changed to mx bars

I hear ya Robey... ?

The clip on's might not work out... but I have to find out for myself whether or not they will, so I'm willing to try...

I reckon that the handgrips on the clip on's will be lowered about three inches. I'm already pretty short (5'5")... so the stock handlebars are already quite high for my arms. It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out... ?

Take Care,

Greg

I have a friend (NESBA guy) who ran street bends upside down on his BRP. It provides a much better riding position and feel for the track. I know I like the lower bars. Looks like you just happened across a little secret!

btw... DITCH THE 208s