marvel mystery oil in a 2 stroke? ticking sounds

I was wondering if its safe to put a teaspoon in my gas tank of my 2000 cr250. Ever since I got the bike a few yrs ago it has a loud ticking/clicking sound, sorta like a loud valve sound or lifter tick...It runs great and lots of power and compression. I brought it to a mechanic and he told me he wasnt sure what it was but would probably cost me like 1000.00 to fix and to just ride it until it went since there was no point in opening the engine to find out if its running good. I remember using some marvel mystery oil in my car yrs ago and it did wonders, was wondering if its safe for a 2 stroke?

tia

Sounds like piston slap. Could be time to freshen up your top end. When was the last time you did a top end on it? Snake oil does not replace metal that has worn away.

I brought it to a mechanic and he told me he wasnt sure what it was but would probably cost me like 1000.00 to fix

Don't ever take your bike to that man again. Like Default said, if you've been riding it for a couple of years it's probably about due for a top end. Much less than $1000, even if you need a new crank. 2 strokes are easy to do top ends on.

your mechanic is a a-hole. if he quoted you that he should be shot. hell give it to you local high school auto shop and have them fix it for free.