2008 model info

Man those things are sick. I'm going to call up my dealer today & put my deposit down now.?

Nice find...thx for sharing:thumbsup:

No probs guys. Thought it would be appreciated here.

Notice in the end the racing parts, mainly the O2 cap and the plug for the connector to activate the racing EFI map...and a new racing wiring ?!? Oh dear, oh dear here we go again ?

Our importer didn't told me about it...maybe they wasn't yet aware of it...or maybe this time it's not needed...maybe for only the ones that want make the bikes as light as possible for racing use ? ?

I also have a feeling that '08 TE USA bikes continue to be Euro2...and so, will they have the lambda sensor ? Maybe not...also, i bet that USA TE will have stock silencers and Euro3 will have the SS silencer with catalytic converter as shown in the PDF and that us that get a Euro3 08 will have to buy the new 08 alu racing silencer...Interesting....

Guess that before i buy a new bike i need to clarify this and maybe wait for the arrival of EFI map tools or a an EFI interceptor...suddenly, a GMX slim 6.7L alu fuel tank for my bike seems very interesting...now, how can i shave 4Kg more from my bike ? ES & battery removal ? :busted:

Notice in the end the racing parts, mainly the O2 cap and the plug for the connector to activate the racing EFI map...and a new racing wiring ?!? Oh dear, oh dear here we go again ?

Our importer didn't told me about it...maybe they wasn't yet aware of it...or maybe this time it's not needed...maybe for only the ones that want make the bikes as light as possible for racing use ? ?

I also have a feeling that '08 TE USA bikes continue to be Euro2...and so, will they have the lambda sensor ? Maybe not...also, i bet that USA TE will have stock silencers and Euro3 will have the SS silencer with catalytic converter as shown in the PDF and that us that get a Euro3 08 will have to buy the new 08 alu racing silencer...Interesting....

Guess that before i buy a new bike i need to clarify this and maybe wait for the arrival of EFI map tools or a an EFI interceptor...suddenly, a GMX slim 6.7L alu fuel tank for my bike seems very interesting...now, how can i shave 4Kg more from my bike ? ES & battery removal ? :cheers:

Careful.... don't turn this into an EFI thread.:busted:

Careful.... don't turn this into an EFI thread.?

Resistance is futile ?

Let's face it, it's a big change and everybody is interested/concerned how that will affect the bikes and what could be the solutions for the possible/imaginary problems/limitations.

So, i guess that there will be in the next months many threads started i one direction and then will evolve in direction of the EFI issues/concerns.

Resistance is futile ?

Let's face it, it's a big change and everybody is interested/concerned how that will affect the bikes and what could be the solutions for the possible/imaginary problems/limitations.

So, i guess that there will be in the next months many threads started i one direction and then will evolve in direction of the EFI issues/concerns.

You got that right! Back to 2T world:ride:

Norman

So many opinions on something that no one knows about. Personally I'll wait to hear actual test reports & real world use experiences before I start worrying about a most likely possible non issue ?

So many opinions on something that no one knows about. Personally I'll wait to hear actual test reports & real world use experiences before I start worrying about a most likely possible non issue ?

Non issue ? Well maybe not for USA if you receive bikes with Euro2 specifications...unless they sell out all Euro2 and send you also Euro3 like it in '07...

For anyone with a Euro3 it can be an issue in some circunstances:

It's a fact that they come with 2 EFI maps.

It's a fact that the default map is the one for emissions and that will deliver less power.

To access second map (the racing one) you have to disconnect the lambda sensor...after that engine can no longer self-calibrate the map according to different exhaust systems.

If you install the HVA recommended racing alu silencer and are happy with it, it will be a non issue.

If you are not happy and use a LeoVince/Devil/whatever system there can be a problem...that aftermarket silencer may almost for sure make a leaner (and maybe even also a richer) condition somewhere in the RPM range that wasn't previewed in the racing map. Because of that the sytem can run poorly.

To solve issue you need to make a specific map for that silencer and upload it to the ECU...this is what happens with the Aprilia RXV/SXV, each aftermarket silencer needs it's specific map

However, currently, there is no tool to make the map and/or upload it (...and no, the trim software can't solve this type of issue).

In my book, this is an issue.

Let's hope that it's solved ASAP.

Replacing the wiring on a Euro3 bike seems like an overly complicated way to access the 2nd map. Then you loose the function of your fan sensor and turn signals. Seems like there should be an easy way to turn this function on with stock wiring. For those of us that don't plan on racing. Wish I could find a pin out or more information so I could figure out some kind of work around or mod. It would be kind of cool to have the second map available at the flick of a switch. Just don't want to go through all the hassle of replacing wiring. Specially since I am happy with the bike as it runs now.

Replacing the wiring on a Euro3 bike seems like an overly complicated way to access the 2nd map. Then you loose the function of your fan sensor and turn signals. Seems like there should be an easy way to turn this function on with stock wiring. For those of us that don't plan on racing. Wish I could find a pin out or more information so I could figure out some kind of work around or mod. It would be kind of cool to have the second map available at the flick of a switch. Just don't want to go through all the hassle of replacing wiring. Specially since I am happy with the bike as it runs now.

The pin out could be (and was some time ago) supplied but the stovk Euro3 CDI plug have the two pins not installed, that's the problem, you have to discover in an automotive/electronics store pins with same format than the ones of the plug and insert them.