14/41 gearing INSTALLED

I just finished up the install of my 14/41 gearing tonight, thanks to the special girl who was willing to let me finish breaking my chain even though we were supposed to be making dinner. :thumbsup:

Took it for a quick spin and it is excellent. I think the highway manners of the bike will be much improved. I've been doing mostly street with it anyway.

Just for info's sake what gearing were you running?

Just for info's sake what gearing were you running?

And how about some pictures of the girl?

I just finished up the install of my 14/41 gearing tonight, thanks to the special girl who was willing to let me finish breaking my chain even though we were supposed to be making dinner. :thumbsup:

Took it for a quick spin and it is excellent. I think the highway manners of the bike will be much improved. I've been doing mostly street with it anyway.

Hey aj, :thumbsup:

What model do you have? S? E? or SM? And what gears were you running?

14/41 is 2.92... and is the same as 15/44 which is 2.93 so I'm assuming you had something else on your bike to start with.

I just geared down to 15/38... because 16/38 with a larger diameter rear tire pushed the gearing past it's practical limits.

Take Care,

Greg

It's an S with the 3x3 mod and a Big Gun Evo exhaust, which had been changed to run 14/46.

I know that 14/41 is just a touch less than 15/44 but it's a whole new world to me after doing 1500 miles with 14/46.

I'm also looking foward to the imrpoved mileage.

14/41 is good, I'm running it right now. I have run 15/41 for when I'm running fast on the highway, first gets pretty high but at 75-80mph, your not thinking of first gear anymore. I get 60+mpg mostly all the time.

I rode it on the highway with the new gearing for the first time tonight. It was better. With the 14/46 highway riding was a hold on for dear life and struggle to keep the bike above 60 mph indicated proposition.

With 14/41 it was doable. I will need some wind protection to make it pleasant but Cee Bailey's will have that taken care of for me in 4-6 weeks. :)