Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Cluth with Honda plates

I've been reading on the forums about folks using the Honda cluth plates on the WR's with the z-start clutch.

1. Has anyone out there had success with the OEM plates, or should I buy Honda plates straight away?

2. There are 9 friction plates in the Yami clutch. Do you replace all of them with Honda plates or just the middle 7 that are the same part numbers.

3. Is the Honda part number for a 2002 WR, PN# 22201-KRN-670?

By the way, I have the 290 kit on my WR250F. And I only do trail riding/Harescrambles.

I think that's it for now.

I have a YZ250f with the 290 kit and had to upgrade to tungsten balls (10 of them). I also went ahead and switched to honda plates just from everything I hear about them and personally noticed no difference. I had great luck with my stock plates and am having the same luck with the honda plates, both of which work great.

• Like 1

I have a YZ250f with the 290 kit and had to upgrade to tungsten balls (10 of them). I also went ahead and switched to honda plates just from everything I hear about them and personally noticed no difference. I had great luck with my stock plates and am having the same luck with the honda plates, both of which work great.

How much extra are the tungsten balls?, I assume you would space them evenly amongst the 40 balls. What is the reason for the Tunsten balls?

How much extra are the tungsten balls?, I assume you would space them evenly amongst the 40 balls. What is the reason for the Tunsten balls?

The tungsten carbide balls are heavier than the steel balls, so they make more pressure on the clutch pack so it won't slip. With a near stock YZ the stock setup for the Rekluse z-start works pretty good. Once you put more power thru the clutch it can start slipping. Most everyone I have read about that has the 290 kit and the z-start use 10 of the tungsten carbide balls.

• Like 1

I've been reading on the forums about folks using the Honda cluth plates on the WR's with the z-start clutch.

1. Has anyone out there had success with the OEM plates, or should I buy Honda plates straight away?

2. There are 9 friction plates in the Yami clutch. Do you replace all of them with Honda plates or just the middle 7 that are the same part numbers.

3. Is the Honda part number for a 2002 WR, PN# 22201-KRN-670?

By the way, I have the 290 kit on my WR250F. And I only do trail riding/Harescrambles.

I think that's it for now.

Bump for questions #2 and #3 above. Anybody know?:worthy:

Bump for questions #2 and #3 above. Anybody know?:worthy:

#2 = just the 7 inside ones; the outer ones have a larger inner diameter

My 2001 is working just fine with the stock plates. Just took some time to get the gap right and the correct tension on the spring.