Right Intake has gone to 0

L Exhaust is .011

R Exhaust is .011

L Intake is .004 ( I will reshim)

R Intake I can not get the .002 in

What is the best approach to getting this back to spec?

I bought the shim kit, this is an O5 Many Many fun filled hours, had to shim one time in the past about 40 hrs of riding ago,

But with out getting a feeler in there where do I begin with shims, obviously I start with one smaller, but how much smaller?

Thanks in advance.

AP

it is really trial ane error when I do it... throw one quite smaller in and see where you are and go from there... but don't plan on this lasting long.. after you shim this time you will probably only get one maybe 2 rides in before risking damage... I would strongly think about a rebuild asap!

Good luck!

Each .05 shim will move the gap .002. At 0 clearance you`ll need to move down .006 to get in spec. So thats 3 .05 shim sizes, say you had had a 1.80 in there you would go to a 1.65.

Most of the time this works, if your`s is really shot you may have to drop more, but thats were i would start.

Sucks man. I hope you can just replace the valves, and keep the seats + guides. :\

Sucks man. I hope you can just replace the valves, and keep the seats + guides. :\

You can but expect only 1/2 the lifespan of the original valves---when the valves wear, the seats wear some too.

my sons crf250x valves were reshimed got 1 ride have now installed kibblewhite valves and also did the piston

the bike starts first pop

L Exhaust is .011

R Exhaust is .011

L Intake is .004 ( I will reshim)

R Intake I can not get the .002 in

What is the best approach to getting this back to spec?

I bought the shim kit, this is an O5 Many Many fun filled hours, had to shim one time in the past about 40 hrs of riding ago,

But with out getting a feeler in there where do I begin with shims, obviously I start with one smaller, but how much smaller?

Thanks in advance.

AP

Dont even bother shiming it. Your valves are gone. Pull the head and send it to Ron Hamp for his Ferrea valve setup and be done with it. I did mine 2 years ago and its still perfect.

Once the valve goes to zero its shot. You can re-shim but will only get like 1-2 more rides on it before it goes to zero again.

www.ronhamp.com

Put the tools & shims down & pick up your credit card.

WR G.

You can but expect only 1/2 the lifespan of the original valves---when the valves wear, the seats wear some too.

I have a question about this.

rather then just swap the valves,

can't you do it like a regular car valve job

Cut the seats and replace the valves and springs?

what you mention is a must!you can not just swap the valves and expext long life.